Community

71 pence ?.

Started by: gizzblue
On: 07/12/2018 | 11:21
Replies: 26

by: freedmaniac
on: 08/12/2018 | 11:51

@gizzblue

Exactly so! I did point this out to quite a number of the compo seekers yesterday.

It was quite amazing to see the levels of greed i.e. "I think we should have £10" - I believe that one suggested £20!!!

Most of these people have obviously not put the problem into context.

When half the world wonder where their next meal is coming from, they bleat about a day without their tavourite toy being to hand.

Those who went on about emergencies failed to realise that they could either call 999 if appropriate, or perhaps ask a friend on another network to make a call if urgent.

Message 11 of 27
by: jt_21
on: 08/12/2018 | 12:37

@gizzblue wrote:

This is all the cost of yesterday's outage cost the average gaffer on a £20 goody bag or 83p for the £25 (based of a 28 or 30 day month ) .....so all those asking for compo please forward your pittance requests to Eriksson 😅...it's their toys that broke. 

@gizzblue

For anyone wishing to follow Up on the outage ... I wouldn't expect 'compensation' to be any more than the days worth of goodybag that the giffgaffer has purchased for that month, therefore that would be 'pence'  those on pay as you go, I do feel for them as it was unfortunate that the texts were going through multiple times and them being charged for them ..... good to see a 'goodwill fund' in place with a choice of either 'credit' or 'charity' for those who wish to do that, as for businesses that have lost 'money' due to customers not being able to contact them, firstly giffgaff isn't for business use and secondly they cannot claim for the 'hundreds of pounds' that they have lost through work ..... you would have thought they'd have a 'plan b' (i.e. Spare phone on another network to contact all their customers) in place .... if not they should do it right now, because it will happen again no doubt. 

If a road is closed nobody gets a partial refund of road tax. 

Message 12 of 27
by: ujo55
on: 08/12/2018 | 14:35 edited: 08/12/2018 | 14:36

Saw one person demanding compensation because they had been unable to enter a prize draw, and they were certain that they would have won 1st prize had they been able to enter!!
Really wouldn't take much to bring the country to its knees would it, knock out EE and O2 for a couple of days, job done.

Message 13 of 27
by: tazzy19
on: 08/12/2018 | 17:27

@jt_21

It's quite possible that if all these 'lost business' claims were totalled we could halve the national debt  Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 27
by: thunderdragon
on: 08/12/2018 | 21:08 edited: 08/12/2018 | 21:12
JT_21 wrote:
For anyone wishing to follow Up on the outage ... I wouldn't expect 'compensation' to be any more than the days worth of goodybag that the giffgaffer has purchased for that month, therefore that would be 'pence' those on pay as you go, I do feel for them as it was unfortunate that the texts were going through multiple times and them being charged for them.
As a user of the £5 GoodyBag I believe my "Compensation" - If I was bothered about claiming it - Would be a whopping...

Drums roll as ThunderDragon gets the calculator out...

...Sixteen point one-two-nine Pence! (Roughly two point zero-one-six European Cents, if you prefer! :-)

As someone who's pretty light on the 'phone and can go a couple of days without service or use a landline/mates/payphone/carrier Falcon, the total cost to me was (If I'm not at all mistaken) Zero Pence. :-)

If there is one thing that I have learned from this experience though, it's Never to rely on a single provider for anything which you regard absolutely essential! :-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++

Sorry to mention competitors here, but can anyone recommend a non-O2 base carrier (EE, Voda or Three) with a PAYG option for emergency handsets without credit or service expiry, please? Would like to have one for the drawer just in case. :-)
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 15 of 27
by: kim_x
on: 08/12/2018 | 23:02
@thunderdragon All pay as you go services come with credit and service expiry if left inactive, it's just a question of how long that period is between providers. This guide may be useful: https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/payg-inactivity-account-termination-and-credit-expiry

I'd recommend Three if the coverage is any good in your area as they seem to be a good compromise between a longer period (6 months non-use before a cut off and not stipulating that you must top up at any time) and price (1p per MB of data, 2p a text and 3p a minute, so you're not spending much if you need to use the phone to keep it active rather than having encountered an emergency.

Hope this helps.
Message 16 of 27
by: richmondmike
on: 09/12/2018 | 07:28

What impressed me is how infrequently my mobile service is disrupted. 

Message 17 of 27
by: nefarius
on: 09/12/2018 | 07:37

I can't help wondering though, did anybody die? @gizzblue

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 27
by: nick74
on: 09/12/2018 | 09:18
As I've said before, I think I should get compensation for the fact that there was no mobile service in the UK for the first 11 years of my life. Say 20p per day from 1974 to 1985, plus interest, would nicely pay for Christmas...
Message 19 of 27
by: gizzblue
on: 09/12/2018 | 10:58
999 calls were available (all some could get) throughout the issue also other networks and landlines were not affected ...so i'd doubt it very much ...@nefarius .
Message 20 of 27