Knowledge Base
Community

71 pence ?.

Started by: gizzblue
On: 07/12/2018 | 11:21
Replies: 26

by: spacefrog
on: 09/12/2018 | 21:57

It would be a good idea that if this ever happens again in the future that giffgaff use the word reinbursment instead of c...p..s.tion, i think the latter gets a little misconstrued to say the least.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 21 of 27
by: mountainstosea
on: 10/12/2018 | 11:34

I would say bundle all the refunds together and give it to a charity

Message 22 of 27
by: thunderdragon
on: 10/12/2018 | 23:16 edited: 10/12/2018 | 23:29
Nick74 wrote:
As I've said before, I think I should get compensation for the fact that there was no mobile service in the UK for the first 11 years of my life. Say 20p per day from 1974 to 1985, plus interest, would nicely pay for Christmas...
@nick74 Didn't you have one of those "Mobile" Telephones that British TeleCON used to leave on practically every street corner for years and years? They went through several generations and designs (Ranging from rotary dial models in big red boxes to newer "Space age" ones featuring broken glass, discarded condoms and a receiver which never worked) none of them were pocket sized and it was very rare to find one that supported text messaging...But they never ran out of charge, they kept you dry in the rain, and they could be "Topped-up" with regular coins - Saving all that pfaff of buying top-up vouchers! Smiley Very Happy
(Although if you preferred the "Voucher" model, you could still buy and use "Phone cards" which worked in pretty much the same way. Smiley Happy )

I believe most of those older mobile phones have now been pilfered and "rinsed-up" at CeX, though I still have one left near where I live (It's a curious quirk; But most of the yet-to-be-stolen ones have managed to survive near rather rough council estates) even if it's permanently on "Emergency calls only"...But the technology was brilliant for the time, and so popular in fact people would actually form queues whilst waiting to use them! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue
+++ ThunderDragon +++

"Make somebody happy!...                             ...Stuff Busby for Xmas! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 23 of 27
by: glaswegianeric
on: 11/12/2018 | 22:15
@gizzblue

Well, O2 isn't going to be shy forwarding their pittance request to Ericsson Smiley Happy.
Message 24 of 27
by: gizzblue
on: 12/12/2018 | 09:42
@glaswegianeric and that's well within o2's remit ....but people claiming loss of earnings or business should read the t&c's of giffgaff ...it's not meant for that it's clearly stated .

But also good luck to anyone who gets anything 👍
Message 25 of 27
by: glaswegianeric
on: 12/12/2018 | 12:46
@gizzblue

True, for some reason people happily accept T&Cs that treat them like crap then get dead surprised when they are treated like crap. But that's what you've signed for, palSmiley Happy.

Message 26 of 27
by: hdavey17
on: 12/12/2018 | 21:29

I’ve always said the the payout will be minimum per person. But I’m glad that Giff Gaff have thrown an acknowledgement to their customers. It is a gesture of goodwill not compensation which I think is good marketing from them as a company. I’m very impressed that an offer has been made by them when they had no legal obligation to do so. And once again this kind of action reassures me that I’m a part of one of the best mobile phone providers around. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 27 of 27