Community

A List of Impossible Ideas?

Started by: iceqntrider
On: 24/10/2010 | 08:45
Replies: 11

by: iceqntrider
on: 24/10/2010 | 08:45

Hi Giffsters,

I'm sure many of you have read the same ideas, that seem to keep being suggested in the Great giffgaff Ideas section, time and again.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a list of things not to ask, as it saves people the bother of posting, only to be told "Duplicate"

or "Not Suitable".

Here are my few of my thoughts to start with.

Don't ask for:

1. An unlimited internet Goodybag, for under ten pounds.

2. A SIM Card for anything other than a phone, ie. iPad, 3G Dongle, etc.

3. Internet Tethering, of any kind.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers, andy

Message 1 of 12
by: alexb38
on: 24/10/2010 | 08:51

yeah I do like this idea. I've also got a couple of suggestions to add to the list:

4. Lowering the minimum top-up to £5.

5. Giving out free SIM cards on the high street or in supermarkets.

aB38

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Message 2 of 12
on: 24/10/2010 | 09:08

Thanks alexb38.

That's just the sort of thing I'm talking about. Smiley Happy

It's almost a sport, trying to guess when the next similar idea will come along... Just like buses! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 12
on: 24/10/2010 | 09:08

Haha no problems, and yes.. if I see any more I'll add them to this thread Smiley Happy

aB38

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Message 4 of 12
by: cinami
on: 24/10/2010 | 09:23

How about the ones always asking for more, as if they don't get an excellent deal already. More minutes, getting net and calls with the fiver goodybag. Increasing the amount of time special offers are on for. Why can't free net last longer. Those bug me.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
on: 24/10/2010 | 09:27

cinami wrote:

How about the ones always asking for more, as if they don't get an excellent deal already. More minutes, getting net and calls with the fiver goodybag. Increasing the amount of time special offers are on for. Why can't free net last longer. Those bug me.

I agree.

What also annoys me is when new users come on to the forum, not having read the T&Cs or used the search bar to find answers and just post, expecting an answer immediately. There's not really a method to get round that though. 

aB38

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Message 6 of 12
by: cinami
on: 24/10/2010 | 09:51

@alexb38 wrote:

@cinami wrote:

I agree.

What also annoys me is when new users come on to the forum, not having read the T&Cs or used the search bar to find answers and just post, expecting an answer immediately. There's not really a method to get round that though. 

aB38

Yea I posted an idea for that ages ago. Having a page popup the first time a newbie clicks community. Like

Here's a list of key points you should read before entering the community

and tick boxes to try ensure they've read them. Not completely stupid proof but a start.

I think you can read it here

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 12
by: brradley
on: 24/10/2010 | 10:10
When you go to submit your idea, similar already posted ideas should pop up (like when contacting an agent) which could make people think more before the post.

Something like this in the help section would probably be quite helpful too.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
on: 24/10/2010 | 10:50

brradley wrote:
When you go to submit your idea, similar already posted ideas should pop up (like when contacting an agent) which could make people think more before the post.

Something like this in the help section would probably be quite helpful too.

Maybe something like you can only post on the Submit Your Ideas forum if you have conducted a search to no avail... fairly easily done from a coding point of view.

aB38

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Message 9 of 12
on: 24/10/2010 | 11:31

@alexb38 wrote:

Maybe something like you can only post on the Submit Your Ideas forum if you have conducted a search to no avail... fairly easily done from a coding point of view.

aB38

Unfortunately, I don't think this would work, and here is my reasoning:

Recently a perfectly rational "Data Only Deal" Idea was suggested, whereby you paid a premium for limited data. The suggested price was 12.50 for 1GB, which is £2.50 more than a similar product from Three. This way you weren't using unlimited data, or making a huge growth in data, while also making more money from the proposal.

Sounds good right?

It was finally flagged as a "Duplicate" of a duplicate of an Idea that wanted an Unlimited Internet Goodybag for £5, which was obviously turned down as it would cost too much!!

How can we expect members to research whether their idea has already been submitted, if the giffgaff staff can't research it themselves. Especially as I personally think this idea is very similar to another suggested back in April, which is "Under Consideration" (link below), which doesn't mention a lower price:

SIM only mobile broadband

andy

Message 10 of 12