Knowledge Base
Community

A sneak preview of what I've been working on...

Started by: xmob
On: 31/07/2010 | 03:17
Replies: 64

by: jacstreak
on: 14/09/2010 | 19:59

Yeah! android app go!

Thanks man. how do we donate some giffgaff points to you for your hard work creating an android app?

Message 51 of 65
by: callumacrae
on: 14/09/2010 | 20:13

Could this be adapted to be a dashboard widget for Mac pretty easily?

Looking good though Smiley Happy

~Callum

Why I left giffgaff: my (not so great) experience with the giffgaff agents: http://pastebin.com/hDy2izfy
Message 52 of 65
by: sloz
on: 14/09/2010 | 20:58
Whats looking good? Have i missed something in the thread
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 53 of 65
by: soldiers33
on: 15/09/2010 | 00:32
Cant wait to get this on my x10. Been waitin over 2 weeks now :-( delivery is takin extremely long
Message 54 of 65
by: nutellajunkie
on: 03/10/2010 | 08:49
Well I hope it works with my Sony C902 built in and opera mini browsers.

You cannot help anybody who is unwilling to, or incapable of, helping themselves. This applies equally to drug addicts, alcoholics and Giffgaff'ers! - Please use the search option before asking for help. No doubt you will find what you are looking for! You will learn so much whilst doing that also. -- You are entitled to judge me in any manner, if you feel you must. You do this with no understanding of me as an individual and therefore your assessment is naturally flawed.

Message 55 of 65
by: neithie
on: 05/10/2010 | 15:23

Yeah, go android Smiley Very Happy! Now if only I had any space left on my phone Smiley Indifferent *Shakes fist at cupcake 1.6*

Message 56 of 65
by: soldiers33
on: 05/10/2010 | 17:05

@neithie wrote:

Yeah, go android Smiley Very Happy! Now if only I had any space left on my phone Smiley Indifferent *Shakes fist at cupcake 1.6*

what phone you have?

Message 57 of 65
by: neithie
on: 07/10/2010 | 12:59

A G1/HTC Dream. I know there are ways to root and update it but knowing my luck, I'll turn it into a brick Smiley Indifferent

Message 58 of 65
by: andywicks
on: 07/10/2010 | 14:43

It is actually surprisingly tricky to brick your G1 during the rooting process - the most common cause of bricks is when changing the SPL, but this is something that you don't have to do (it is required for certain ROMs, but you can easily just avoid those).

If you would like assistance in rooting your phone then let me know or find me on twitter @andywicks.

Andy

Message 59 of 65
Highlighted
by: xmob
on: 05/11/2010 | 15:28

Hi Guys!

Did you miss me?  Sorry I've been away and not replying for so long.  I've had some things going on in my life that put lots of projects on hold.

I've picked up development of this project again and will report back with progress in due course.

@callumacrae wrote:

Could this be adapted to be a dashboard widget for Mac pretty easily?

It's funny you should mention that.  I've been working on a desktop widget for the Nokia N900.  This works in an almost identical way to the Mac widgets.  It will be really easy to port it over and I think that I might actually switch primary development to the Mac version as the Qt Web Runtime implementation on Maemo is still very "testing quality".

Image of the N900 version is shown below:

Message 60 of 65