Knowledge Base
Community

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH FROM GIFFGAFD, CHECK IT OUT.

Started by: andrewhewes
On: 09/09/2014 | 21:58
Replies: 57

Go to best answer
by: greenfrogman
on: 12/09/2014 | 20:34 edited: 12/09/2014 | 20:37

the above rules would allow 4G on unlimited as well

do 15GB > 128kbs and do 2GB more > 32kbs (or do 5GB more at 128kbs = ban),, but super slow down is way better way to do it (you not supposed to Ban when offering unlimited unless its excessive use and that must be defined)

as long as it affects less then 5% of the user base then its allowed (the slow downs) the avg data use for Data for most users is under 2GB a month (my dad only uses under 1GB a month and he has 4G on EE)

i love to see how lycamobile handles there Unlimited data complaints when its capped at such low 5GB (128kbs) with 4G you could reach that very fast, it is in the T&C but its right in the middle of a wall of text even i missed it 5 times before i seen it my self

Virgin mobile is 3.5GB and has a 386kbs (due to it been only 386kbs your less likely to notice it unless you start streaming video)

Please mark the correct answer so users can find them later on

Message 51 of 58
by: andrewhewes
on: 13/09/2014 | 02:22
Thanks for the replies
Message 52 of 58
by: alexishere89
on: 13/09/2014 | 04:29
@green frogman these are your recommendations but first I think giffgaff should ether provide what they advertise or just shut up shop. Its like trying to pass Pepsi as coke a cola doesn't wash
Message 53 of 58
by: richardski
on: 13/09/2014 | 10:16

@greenfrogman wrote:

the above rules would allow 4G on unlimited as well

do 15GB > 128kbs and do 2GB more > 32kbs (or do 5GB more at 128kbs = ban),, but super slow down is way better way to do it (you not supposed to Ban when offering unlimited unless its excessive use and that must be defined)

as long as it affects less then 5% of the user base then its allowed (the slow downs) the avg data use for Data for most users is under 2GB a month (my dad only uses under 1GB a month and he has 4G on EE)

i love to see how lycamobile handles there Unlimited data complaints when its capped at such low 5GB (128kbs) with 4G you could reach that very fast, it is in the T&C but its right in the middle of a wall of text even i missed it 5 times before i seen it my self

Virgin mobile is 3.5GB and has a 386kbs (due to it been only 386kbs your less likely to notice it unless you start streaming video)

I fully understand the attraction of the illusion of "unlimited" as a market tool to attract the technically challenged customers.

Most people with an interest in networking are aware that there is no such thing as unlimited, as data delivery will always be constrained by the network capacities of the radio link, the mast backhaul link, the outbound Internet link but most of all by the customers equipment.

The graduated slowdown you propose would be a nightmare to administer and would generate lots of genuine disputes and even more spurious ones from chancers trying to extract the maxim of amount of data they can getaway with.

The present system of monitoring is impacting heavily on the data throughput of giffgaff as MTR  or WinMTR will highlight that is where the congestion and packet loss is occurring.

Just on those grounds getting rid of "unlimited" in favour of a hard cap would be justified by the speedup of data flow through giffgaff's datacentres.

Your suggestion of 15 GB for £15 for "unlimited" users is a third of the cost of giffgaff's offer of 5 GB for £15 for the light users.  Heavy users do not bring additional profit to giffgaff for their massive use of data but quite the opposite impact heavily on profitability and long term viability of the company.

Why would any business want to keep loss making customers?

Richard

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 54 of 58
by: greenfrogman
on: 13/09/2014 | 12:22
The price can stay at £18/20 with the same 15gb high speed cap (the ones who need to use there phone likes it's on wifi can goto 3 or get broadband Installed)

I know of no other network that offers near 3 like data use like Giffgaff does the majority of Giffgaff customers use less then 5gb very small amount use under 15gb a month (the ASA allow traffic management or slow downs as long as it affects no more the 3-5% total users on the network) , how Lycamobile gets away with it be interesting with 5gb cap but the avg for most networks is less then 2gb a month so probably getting away with it due to most not doing 5gb a month

Still better then banning users for using over 25-30gb with little (email only is not enough) or no warning (not in the T&C the hidden ban limit)

Please mark the correct answer so users can find them later on

Message 55 of 58
by: andrewhewes
on: 28/09/2014 | 13:20
I believe the term unlimited should remain unlimited and not have the English language altered to suit Giffgaff
Message 56 of 58
by: mutammin01
on: 29/08/2016 | 01:40

how were u refunded 

Message 57 of 58
Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
former giff-staffer

on: 29/08/2016 | 08:42

This thread has been locked.

For refunds please get in touch with our Agents, https://www.giffgaff.com/support/ask.

Best,

Aggie

Message 58 of 58