Knowledge Base
Community

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH FROM GIFFGAFD, CHECK IT OUT.

Started by: andrewhewes
On: 09/09/2014 | 21:58
Replies: 57

Go to best answer
by: andrewhewes
on: 09/09/2014 | 21:58
Email from giffgaff:
Prevention from buying an unlimited goodybag
Dear Andrew,

At giffgaff, we believe that we have a responsibility to offer a fair, sustainable and consistent data service to our members. For this reason, we have introduced Traffic Flow, a new policy to reduce the impact that a minority of members with an unusual data usage pattern can have on the majority of giffgaff members.

For more information on our process for identifying usage patterns which impact other members, please see more information on Traffic Flow or section 3.9 of our Terms and Conditions.

Unfortunately, you have been prevented from buying an unlimited data goodybag on another giffgaff account and we have to extend this restriction to your account andrewhewes. We will remove your unlimited data goodybag from your account within the next 48 hours and provide you with a refund for the goodybag, minus any reasonable deductions due to the amount of usage you have already had from your goodybag allowance. Refunds are calculated according to the value of your usage on your goodybag to date at our standard pay as you go rates. If you are entitled for a refund, our team will contact you with the details.

If you think there is an error with our detection, please contact the agents so they can verify your account in more details.

You can still buy a limited data goodybag if you would like to, but you won't be able to purchase any more unlimited data goodybags on this account. If you used to recur your goodybag, this option has now been switched off. You can still choose to recur goodybags with a limited data allowance in the future.

Thank you for your co-operation,

The giffgaff team

My reply:

First, allow me to inform you I am reporting you to ofcom at the earliest possible convenience.

I received an email saying you're refunding my goody bag minus whatever you feel like stealing from me.

Firstly, no. You refund the lot. You gave me no notice of this or else I'd have not topped up in the first place and would've gone to a network who's unlimited data package means unlimited.

You're in breach of advertising laws and company trading laws.

Also, I had hundreds of issues with my iPhone 5 and just a few days ago wasted £300 to stay with you guys by buying a better phone just to be told to basically screw myself...

As previously stated, I expect a full refund. I also expect you to make aware your unlimited goody bag is in fact very limited.

Further to this, I want all the time ivebbeen with you refunded due to sheer incompetence and poor service.

There was no notice of updated policies.

And if you continue to refuse to abide by laws set in place by our government in regards to trading in the UK, I will take you to court. And I will ensure O2 shuts down your network due to bringing them into disrepute by association.

Lastly, I advise a senior case manager to respond to this simply because the majority of untrained work-from-home agents won't know how to respond to this without making it worse.
Message 1 of 58
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: ramon0404
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:18
They warned me about me tethering on an unlimited plan. I told them I didn't tether and that they should apologize. They insisted.

I gave them another chance before I was to take it further, they did apologize. Not sure what made them think I was tethering however when I asked them to clarify and prove their case of me tethering; they simply couldn't...

Giffgaff?

Trash.

2014 and Giffgaff?

Joke...
Message 17 of 58
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:00
Before anyone sounds stupid, please actually read through it as I notice a lot of people don't bother
Message 2 of 58
by: fred_flintstone
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:01
Hi
When you buy an unlimited goodybag on giffgaff it lasts for a month

You are free to use that goodybag in an unlimited way and won't be stopped or limited

Giffgaff sent you a warning that your usage was impacting on others ( as stated in terms and conditions)

If you choose to ignore the warning that's entirely your choice but if giffgaff choose not to sell you another unlimited goodybag that's entirely their choice....

Just to add there was no limit on the unlimited goodybag you bought

See below
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Traffic-Flow-Policy/ta-p/12999304
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 58
by: lulurules
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:05
I thought your response to giffgaff was very good
All I can say is good luck Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 58
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:06
Hold on, I topped up a week ago?

I can't use it for a month, as clearly stated I'll be refunded in 48 hours. This is one of the idiots who can't read...

I'm trying to use my phone in an unlimited way and being limited.

Message 5 of 58
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:08
No warnings... Apparently I was tethering a computer the other day, the day I brought my new phone when I don't even own a computer... Giffgaff are a joke.
Message 6 of 58
by: gammygary
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:08
There are a lot of people unhappy with the "unlimited" term.

T&C 3.9 (d) is a bit woolly and something of a catch all without really clarifying things

3.9. Your use of the Services must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card

d) in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other giffgaff member;

Let us know how you get on.

Message 7 of 58
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:09
@lulurules that comment wasn't directed at you, sorry!
Message 8 of 58
by: gammygary
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:10
In relation to the tethering giffgaff use an automated system to detect this. It does some times give false positives. If you get one of these you need to contact an agent and explain what you were doing at the time so they can update the system so that it does trigger it again.
Message 9 of 58
by: bloodvile
on: 09/09/2014 | 22:11
sadly i dont think you have a case, you might get a bigger refund but hard to say, also ofcom dont really deal with single person issues, eg if you see adverts on tv eg for virginmedia unlimited broadband, and in the small print fair usage policy applies (FUP) it has scrapped the download policy, but there is a fup for upload.. The same could apply for GG, they just call it traffic flow..
Just out of interest how much data where you using?
Message 10 of 58