Community

**APPALLING** layout of Activate Your Sim page

Started by: harrrrrry
On: 09/04/2016 | 14:25
Replies: 35

by: harrrrrry
on: 18/08/2016 | 19:29

And yet another example ...

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Activation-not-working/m-p/19113842#M326801

Despite which giffgaff still hasn't made this simple and obvious change.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 31 of 36
by: aselwyn
on: 21/08/2016 | 01:22
its maybe not the best and i agree should be fixed but" appalling" is pushing it
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 32 of 36
by: diva56
on: 21/08/2016 | 03:36
Come on giffgaff please make it easier for new members to activate their sim. !!! 😀😀
Message 33 of 36
by: figment_uk
on: 26/08/2016 | 10:20

@ggzelle

I notice this morning the activation page has been modified, but it is still far from ideal as the 'activate by voucher' button is displayed below the 'Continue' button which is not logical.

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 09.54.27.jpg

This could be massively improved upon by replacing the Continue button with two options - 'Activate by card' and 'Activate by voucher', which would also leave the way clear for the addition of a third 'Activate by PayPal' option at a later date.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-26-at-09.54.27.jpg

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 34 of 36
by: harrrrrry
on: 26/08/2016 | 12:27 edited: 26/08/2016 | 12:34

figment_uk:

@ggzelle

the 'activate by voucher' button is displayed below the 'Continue' button which is not logical.

I agree. Putting it below the continue button is only slightly better than hiding it in the corner. People will still hit the continue button before noticing that there was another option to pay by voucher.

This is also going to need a further change when activate by paypal comes in. We might as well start getting prepared for that now.

The choice of payment should be a simple two (or three) way choice to pick the payment method, and all two (or three) choices should have equal prominence to avoid mistakenly choosing the wrong path.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 35 of 36
Highlighted
by: figment_uk
on: 26/08/2016 | 17:00

Without the 'Continue' button,  a separate activation page/path would be required for SIM swaps and replacement SIM cards, in which case a possible solution is to remove the 'Activate by' buttons from page 1 and move them to after login (before goodybag selection page).

Of course, once giffgaff has introduced the option to pay for a goodybag and redeem a voucher in the same transaction, the payment method should be moved to the checkout end of the transaction.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 36 of 36