Community

Acknowledgement email when you order a SIM for a friend

Started by: tallpaul
On: 06/04/2010 | 08:34
Replies: 6

by: tallpaul
on: 06/04/2010 | 08:34

I just did this for the first time and I got an email which began:

So you've ordered a giffgaff SIM. Nice work. Your order number is *****.

You'll receive another email when your SIM has been dispatched to let you know it is on its way to you. Typically it takes around 3 working days from now until the SIM pack lands on your doorstep - if your order was placed before 4pm and you have a fast postie you might even get it tomorrow!

Once you receive your SIM you will need to head online to giffgaff.com to activate it - check out the step by step guide here.

But of course this SIM isn't for me (and indeed my friend, not me, has already had the "SIM is despatched" email) so the wording of this email really needs tweaking to be clearer that it's acknowledging an order for a friend not for you.

Tall Paul
tallpaul.org
Message 1 of 7
by: peeter
on: 06/04/2010 | 11:37

Hi Tall Paul

If you take another look at the "Send a SIM" form you'll see that it actually asks for your friends email address, not yours.

Cheers

Pete

Message 2 of 7
by: andy0
on: 06/04/2010 | 11:54

@peeter wrote:

If you take another look at the "Send a SIM" form you'll see that it actually asks for your friends email address, not yours.

Yes, but it does nevertheless also send a copy email to the referrer as described, and also seems to put a welcome to giffgaff item on the newsfeed in my giffgaff

Perhaps these could be slightly reworded

Message 3 of 7
on: 06/04/2010 | 12:05

Ah yes, I see the problem now.

I agree a little rewording of the email to the referrer may be good idea, although it's a very minor point as the referrer will know that the SIM is actually being sent to their friend.

Cheers

Pete

Message 4 of 7
by: andy0
on: 06/04/2010 | 12:43

that's the way I've felt about it - it makes you wonder at first if it's a glitch, but once you discover the other person also has the message it doesn't matter

Message 5 of 7
on: 06/04/2010 | 16:59 edited: 06/04/2010 | 17:31

It also appears in 'Your giffgaff history' as a 'Friend Pack' with the relevant date. If you go into 'details' it has an Order ID which matches up to the Order Number in the confirmation email. So I think its fairly easy to check if you're unsure about the email.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: tallpaul
on: 07/04/2010 | 18:21

Indeed, it's easy enough to confirm it has actually worked the way you intended (which in my case I did by asking my friend) but

giffgaff is still in beta and this is the place to "Contribute: Innovation, Promotion and Improvements". That we're all talking about how were left slightly unsettled by the email and hence confirmed it had worked by other means I think it would be worth giffgaff looking at this ...

Tall Paul
tallpaul.org
Message 7 of 7