Get Help
Community

Affirmative I understand that starting this Gigabag early will wipe out my Goodybag

Started by: timcoemergency
On: 30/07/2016 | 22:32
Replies: 20

by: timcoemergency
on: 30/07/2016 | 22:32

Pity we can't have a tick box thing that says I understand that by starting this gigabag early i will lose any remaining calls and texts on my current goodybag and that the gigabag is not add on data but a replacement for any existing bags.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 21
Highlighted
by: topcop
on: 30/07/2016 | 22:35
Yeah shame you can't add data other than my using credit when a goodybag runs out. Put this forward as an idea.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 21
by: jeffpeps
on: 30/07/2016 | 22:40
It does say on my iOS app that giggabags are data only & not addons, but you are right it should state if you start your giggabag early it will delete your current goodybag & all remaining allowances on goodybag 🇬🇧
Message 3 of 21
by: timcoemergency
on: 30/07/2016 | 22:55

jeffpeps wrote:

It does say on my iOS app that giggabags are data only & not addons, but you are right it should state if you start your giggabag early it will delete your current goodybag & all remaining allowances on goodybag 🇬🇧

It says that when you buy it but so many seem not to understand or more likely don't read it judging by the number of support messages.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 21
by: woodyuk
on: 31/07/2016 | 11:13 edited: 31/07/2016 | 11:14

You're quite right that a lot of members seem to miss this warning at the top of the gigabags purchase page and go on to buy one just to find they've wiped out their outstanding texts and minutes in their old goodybag.

warning.PNG

I must admit I hadn't thought of the tick box idea which seems an excellent plan to me but back in February I started a thread here in Contribute suggesting that the font colour of the existing warning above was changed so that it stood out more and had a better chance of being seen but the response from giffgaff was at best luke warm so I doubt we'll see any changes in the near future.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Change-font-colour-of-gigabag-warning/m-p/18204135#M439...

Message 5 of 21
by: mcilwraith
on: 31/07/2016 | 11:52

topcop wrote:

Yeah shame you can't add data other than my using credit when a goodybag runs out. Put this forward as an idea.

@topcop that wont do any good it will only be another duplicate idea

best to vote for one that already exists

i do agree that an add on would be a good thing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 21
by: davidj63
on: 31/07/2016 | 12:07

People are so used to ticking tick boxes blindly that if you want something to actually make them think, rather than just satisfy the lawyers, you really need to get them to type, in words, a statement of what they should understand, e.g  the words "This will remove any existing minutes and texts".  (Prefereably organised so they can't just copy and paste.

Message 7 of 21
by: padiho
on: 31/07/2016 | 12:16 edited: 31/07/2016 | 12:18

I've lost count of the amount of complaints I've seen on H&S from customers after being caught out on this. I've also lost count of the amount of times I've seen suggestions to get round this.first time I've seen this suggestion to make them tick the box first before they can go on any further and it's the best idea I've seen yet. Perhaps by that tick box in BOLD RED letters it should also say. " by ticking this box you agree to losing any data, text and minutes on your existing goodybag 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 21
by: zagzig
on: 31/07/2016 | 15:30 edited: 31/07/2016 | 15:53

I think @timcoemergency's suggestion for a tick-box, and the suggested wording, are great...

I think the text is very clear, and explicit, and would really help people to understand what they're buying, and to think twice before they make the purchase.

I've taken the liberty of modifying Tim's text slightly to try to formulate a more complete message. (Hope you don't mind, Tim... I'm just being community spirited and trying to build on previous work)... my text probably isn't much good, but i thought I'd give it a go...

"I understand that by activating this gigabag i will lose any remaining calls, texts and data on my current goodybag. The gigabag cannot be used as an add-on to an existing goodybag, but can only be used instead of a goodybag. The gigabag will replace any active goodybag or gigabag. A gigabag and goodybag cannot be active at the same time."

Message 9 of 21
by: icando
on: 31/07/2016 | 16:42

I also think your suggestion is a good one @timcoemergency just as @zagzig and @padiho have said and agree there should be some wording by the tick box.  Think your wording @zagzig although good is a little bit too long, something along the lines of @padiho suggestion would be better. People are easily put off by having to read what they consider is a lot 

Message 10 of 21