Community

Allow to Select 3 Best Answers instead of just 1

Started by: oliverspooner
On: 13/02/2018 | 17:38
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: oliverspooner
on: 13/02/2018 | 17:38

Sometimes after you ticked the Best Answer box and you'll see couple more other good answers more elaborate and accurate.

Why is it that we allowed to give loads of Kudos but we only one Best Answer when sometimes you really get couple of best answers there ?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: bobrobinson
on: 13/02/2018 | 18:35

oliverspooner wrote:

Sometimes after you ticked the Best Answer box and you'll see couple more other good answers more elaborate and accurate.

Why is it that we allowed to give loads of Kudos but we only one Best Answer when sometimes you really get couple of best answers there ?

Thats why its best to wait a while to see if something else crops up then award the best answer.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 11
by: extreme_one
on: 13/02/2018 | 17:50

I suppose there can only be one "Best"

You can change your selection and mark a different answer as Best but I think multiple Bests would just get confusing.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 11
by: endorphin
on: 13/02/2018 | 17:57

I suppose the idea is that the Best Answer is chosen so that others with the same problem can immediately see how to solve it. If there were multiple BA's this would only serve to confuse and hinder the helpee.

So the single Best Answer should be chosen with due care to this requirement.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 3 of 11
by: padiho
on: 13/02/2018 | 18:07

It's difficult enough to get people to leave a best answer at all, so to ask them to pick 2/3 ,  no chance  I would think 😀

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 11
by: allan1954
on: 13/02/2018 | 18:10
it would never work 3 best answers and it would end up with a lot of confusion.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 11
by: bobrobinson
on: 13/02/2018 | 18:35

oliverspooner wrote:

Thats why its best to wait a while to see if something else crops up then award the best answer.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 11
by: weetinamc
on: 13/02/2018 | 18:43

you can cancel the first one and change it to the one you think is best

why add any more

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 11
by: claw
on: 13/02/2018 | 19:09

endorphin wrote:

I suppose the idea is that the Best Answer is chosen so that others with the same problem can immediately see how to solve it. If there were multiple BA's this would only serve to confuse and hinder the helpee.

So the single Best Answer should be chosen with due care to this requirement.

I agree with the above statement. 

Message 8 of 11
by: mcilwraith
on: 13/02/2018 | 19:13

if a member has already picked a best answer then the problem must have been sorted

why pick another?

Message 9 of 11
by: harrrrrry
on: 13/02/2018 | 19:21

@oliverspooner

You can unmark the previously-marked best answer and mark another. You can also give a kudo to any posts that you wish.

What puzzles me is the number of members who mark a best answer when the question hasn't even been answered. In help at least, somebody who does that will probably not get any further help.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 10 of 11