Community

Any news from lithium on phone compatability

Started by: kathleen414
On: 05/06/2018 | 16:03
Replies: 29

by: kathleen414
on: 05/06/2018 | 16:03 edited: 07/06/2018 | 00:40

Hi all 

My trusty lg g4 is now unusable since the last change of support by lithium , giffgaff said it was looking at getting support but i cant see any changes .

Really feel agreived i will have to replace my phone to keep using on giffgaff community, its slowed my involvement as i have to wait until i get home and use my laptop.

i have the phone on the latest available software but to no avail Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 30
by: blksg04
on: 05/06/2018 | 18:55
@kathleen414

It's not nice when things like that happen to dedicated members phones.

My husband @gsklb04 thought gg were thinking of changing from lithium, but is not sure what happened as he is too ill to contribute on the forum.
Message 2 of 30
by: freedmaniac
on: 06/06/2018 | 19:42

@kathleen414

Can you not still use the community via the website, using your phone browser?

Message 3 of 30
by: kath72
on: 06/06/2018 | 20:55 edited: 06/06/2018 | 20:58

It really is rubbish ... my iPod touch became unusable with both the app and website using any browser

My moto e3 was just about usable on the forums on app but kept glitching out

My new iPhone se is ok on the app although it’s missing a lot of editing functionality and can’t add photos unless using the website via chrome
The app continually logs out but is slightly more bearable with the touch log in as I don’t have to keep typing in passwords while the page jumps as I did on my other devices

youd think it would be worth their while sorting this vital part of giffgaff rather than continually introducing whistles and bells to the service 

Message 4 of 30
by: natty_noo
on: 06/06/2018 | 21:55 edited: 06/06/2018 | 21:56

kath72 wrote:

It really is rubbish ... my iPod touch became unusable with both the app and website using any browser

My moto e3 was just about usable on the forums on app but kept glitching out

My new iPhone se is ok on the app although it’s missing a lot of editing functionality and can’t add photos unless using the website via chrome
The app continually logs out but is slightly more bearable with the touch log in as I don’t have to keep typing in passwords while the page jumps as I did on my other devices

youd think it would be worth their while sorting this vital part of giffgaff rather than continually introducing whistles and bells to the service 

You'd think, but it seems 'stickers' and 'studio' are far more important than the members customers accessibility to the site.

Go figure.

Message 5 of 30
on: 07/06/2018 | 00:35
@freedmaniac I can access the community but it's slow and jumpy , no quote or @ and can't leave kudos , it's just a real pain to use now
Message 6 of 30
on: 07/06/2018 | 00:38 edited: 07/06/2018 | 00:53

Edited via app login

@freedmaniac I can access the community but it's slow and jumpy , no quote or @ unless I know the username as no drop down of members also can't leave kudos , I can't access the edit button etc / can't upload photos or gain access to using studio it's just a real pain to use now Has to go back and repost this to edit

I feel iam being eased away from the community. I liked to pop in and out throughout the day but it's just to much effort now.

Message 7 of 30
on: 07/06/2018 | 00:48

@natty_noo@kath72@freedmaniac@blksg04

I can use the @ kudos etc via the giffgaff app but its really slow and jumpy and I really don't like using it .

Really disappointed we have no support for our older phones / tabs .

Its taken a big part of my contributing away , and other than upgrading to a expensive new phone  😡 I have to muddle on .

Its a real shame lithium /giffgaff have left us in this position.

Message 8 of 30
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 07/06/2018 | 01:52

This really needs to be sorted asap

The only thing i cant do via the app on my android phone is attach photos to posts.  I have to login to the website via chrome to do so.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 30
by: kath72
on: 07/06/2018 | 06:52
@natty_noo
The really silly thing is that studio works best with your photos and as uploading photos has been one of the most difficult features to use recently it seems a little illogical
Message 10 of 30