Knowledge Base
Community

Apologies to Giff Gaff...

Started by: aaronjseymour
On: 18/09/2015 | 16:42
Replies: 11

by: aaronjseymour
on: 18/09/2015 | 16:42

Hello, I have recently been a "very" disgruntled customer.

In short i have been using a Nokia 301 (from 1969) since my iphone plummet down the toilet (thanks to my 1 year old son)

I needed  network with 3/4G to turn my HTC desire into a smart phone and not a dissconected peice of trump.

Giff Gaff are asum! instantly my sim was connected (a few issues with setting up the internet but the community was able to help)

before i was up and running i foolishly in a state of anguish and dissapointment asked Giff Gaff to cancel my Goodybag (contract thing?) and refund me.....after working out how to connect to the internet i asked them to ignor my previous message... this was not recieved in time and my connection and contract were terminated... this enevitably runined my day.

in a few spats and borderline radical remarks i took my self inflicted frustration out on the network and the agent that cancled my contract (even though i had asked him to) yes.... i now realise i am a total douche.

I have decided to aplologie to the network Giff Gaff as your service, prices and ease of use are second to none! i will continulesly recoment your network.

Please accsept my sincere apologies, and PLEASE do not shoot the employee who cancled my goodybag as i previous recomended you do. 

this massive botch up was my fauly entirley... pacience (which i clearly lack) is a virtue!

Thank you again for your outstanding service and brilliant network! 

Message 1 of 12
by: exmember-2018-4735772
on: 18/09/2015 | 16:54
gg is a PAYG service so you can come and go as you please anyways, but very nice of you to eat some humble pie, make sure to share some of it
Message 2 of 12
by: figment_uk
on: 18/09/2015 | 16:55

Kudos to you for having the balls to admit you got it wrong.

Payback selection choice is now closed. Payout expected to begin late afternoon on Monday 17th June 2019 

Message 3 of 12
by: endorphin
on: 18/09/2015 | 16:56
Hi Aaron, thanks for the apology. We all make mistakes but it takes guts to owning up to it!

Anyway glad you're finally enjoying the service. Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 4 of 12
by: ray2
on: 18/09/2015 | 16:59

aaronjseymour wrote:

Hello, I have recently been a "very" disgruntled customer.

In short i have been using a Nokia 301 (from 1969) since my iphone plummet down the toilet (thanks to my 1 year old son)

I needed  network with 3/4G to turn my HTC desire into a smart phone and not a dissconected peice of trump.

Giff Gaff are asum! instantly my sim was connected (a few issues with setting up the internet but the community was able to help)

before i was up and running i foolishly in a state of anguish and dissapointment asked Giff Gaff to cancel my Goodybag (contract thing?) and refund me.....after working out how to connect to the internet i asked them to ignor my previous message... this was not recieved in time and my connection and contract were terminated... this enevitably runined my day.

in a few spats and borderline radical remarks i took my self inflicted frustration out on the network and the agent that cancled my contract (even though i had asked him to) yes.... i now realise i am a total douche.

I have decided to aplologie to the network Giff Gaff as your service, prices and ease of use are second to none! i will continulesly recoment your network.

Please accsept my sincere apologies, and PLEASE do not shoot the employee who cancled my goodybag as i previous recomended you do. 

this massive botch up was my fauly entirley... pacience (which i clearly lack) is a virtue!

Thank you again for your outstanding service and brilliant network! 

hi @aaronjseymour

first of all massive welcome to giffgaff,and a massive hats off to you for your apology to staff

we all get frustrated when things dont go right,but it,s posts like yours that show you can make amends and move on.im sure the staff will appreciate your post Smiley Happy

all the best

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: brulaw
on: 18/09/2015 | 17:17 edited: 18/09/2015 | 17:19

@aaronjseymour

All credit to you for posting your apology and giving credit where due , 

There are times when frustration makes us do ( say ) things which we latter realise was not the correct way of dealing with the problem / issue ......  

You say   "  Patience is a virtue "  , it is  , and so is having the courage to admit to your mistakes .      

Happy giffgaffing ..... thumbup.gif

Message 6 of 12
by: davejybandit
on: 18/09/2015 | 17:35

That takes some beating as an apology, respect to you and Welcome to giffgaff.

Message 7 of 12
by: mbthapa25
on: 18/09/2015 | 17:37
well done for owning up..
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
by: aggy_agate
former giff-staffer

on: 18/09/2015 | 18:35

No worries, thank you so much for this. Smiley Happy Glad to see the misunderstanding has been sorted - can happen to anyone. Smiley Wink

Have a nice weekend,

A

Message 9 of 12
by: roaringgirl
on: 18/09/2015 | 18:37
No need to apologise as the person you were stroppy with won't read this forum as they're farmed out call centre type staff!
Message 10 of 12