Knowledge Base
Community

Are we ever going to reassess the swear filter.?

Started by: gindygoo
On: 09/05/2016 | 16:55
Replies: 85

by: gindygoo
on: 14/05/2016 | 22:43 edited: 14/05/2016 | 22:48

Here goes... @k89bpa

What

I've written w t f

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 81 of 86
by: gindygoo
on: 14/05/2016 | 22:48
Aha so w t f turns into "what".. Lol so they can replace the words/phrases with whatever they like then.

I'll use that word here.. Granular 😛 so we can change the word "bleep" into a different pc version of that word. I'm not convinced that's any better tbh Ali. It could seriously change the meaning of something. Although I've not got a for instance right now, it's been a female dog of a day Smiley Wink << haha there u go! That just sounds silly.

I'll come back to this tomorrow when my brain isn't running on fumes!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 82 of 86
by: k89bpa
on: 14/05/2016 | 23:30
Oh biyatch should not be modified, I was just meaning the really offensive ones, and text speech when it comes to the reformatting.

If we could actually get a list of all censored words, we could have a more in-depth and accurate discussion rather than poking about blindly.

Come on giffgaff, tell us what you have banned so we can work some concrete proposals out. We need to know the extent of the insanity which we are working with.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 83 of 86
by: ukchattyman
on: 15/05/2016 | 00:47
does it really matter and the urgency for it think gg should spend more time elsewhere long gone it being a family friendly forum and it's not difficult if anyone wants to use vulgar language just to put space marks or dots between each letter will just over ride any swear words.....I read somewhere that gg had over protective words and a customer with surname ho went to newspapers because told her surname could be used as offensive language....why can't people just use report content button if you see a swear word simples
Message 84 of 86
by: ukchattyman
on: 15/05/2016 | 00:49
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/11758374/Giffgaf...

proves point on using swear words can be not swear words....just press report button
Message 85 of 86
Highlighted
by: sociopath
on: 26/08/2016 | 19:41

gindygoo wrote:

@t_will I'm sure I remember u saying ages ago that the swear filter could be discussed and words updated.!

I've just tried to say, "it's pi,ssing it down" but got bleeped. Which makes no sense as I can say piss but not pis,sing???

There are other words that I'm sure need discussing. It's like I can say bullshit but not the final four letters alone... So.. Any chance we could discuss this openly please? Maybe even turn off the filter for the discussion?

I'll just leave this here @gindygoo https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/General-Discussion/Swear-filter/td-p/19150236

Time for the people at giffgaff to correct a hate crime Smiley Wink

Message 86 of 86