Knowledge Base
Community

Are we ever going to reassess the swear filter.?

Started by: gindygoo
On: 09/05/2016 | 16:55
Replies: 85

by: gindygoo
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:55
@t_will I'm sure I remember u saying ages ago that the swear filter could be discussed and words updated.!

I've just tried to say, "it's pi,ssing it down" but got bleeped. Which makes no sense as I can say piss but not pis,sing???

There are other words that I'm sure need discussing. It's like I can say bullshit but not the final four letters alone... So.. Any chance we could discuss this openly please? Maybe even turn off the filter for the discussion?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 86
by: _trouble
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:58
We need a sweary dictionary page on the forum so we can see what we can and can't get away with. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 86
by: k89bpa
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:59
Definitely need body parts removing, lol
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 3 of 86
by: claw
on: 09/05/2016 | 17:17

gindygoo wrote:

I've just tried to say, "it's pi,ssing it down" but got bleeped. Which makes no sense as I can say piss but not pis,sing???

It's against the T&Cs to try and work around the swear filter. Smiley Surprised 

Message 4 of 86
by: pd789
on: 09/05/2016 | 17:21
**bleep** off @gindygoo Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Seriously though, there are quite a few that need removing from the filter. It's madness not to be able to say some of the words that are classed as 'swear words' when they're clearly not.
Message 5 of 86
by: gindygoo
on: 09/05/2016 | 17:37 edited: 09/05/2016 | 17:38

@pd789 Pahahahahaaa™ u little bugger!

You're right, it's a really weird set of swear words that iirc are on an American filter anyway... There's been some serious discussions scuppered because you couldn't say the word the discussion was about!

@gregg_b @alex_w I'm not sure who's bag this would be educator-wise but it's something I think needs discussing and then actioning. It's not even difficult to put into place as you guys have the ability to add/remove words from the list, so, can we have that discussion please?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 86
by: paulipat45
on: 09/05/2016 | 18:02

perhaps you are right but is there any real need for that kind of language?

Message 7 of 86
by: dodgeyjamster
on: 09/05/2016 | 18:08

gindygoo wrote:

@t_will I'm sure I remember u saying ages ago that the swear filter could be discussed and words updated.!

There are other words that I'm sure need discussing. It's like I can say bullshit but not the final four letters alone... So.. Any chance we could discuss this openly please? Maybe even turn off the filter for the discussion?

@gindygoo

I agree. We definitely need a reassessment of the words on it. It's utter ludacracy that some words can't be typed but alterations of the word can.  Also other words that shouldn't be swear words are on there.

Get on ed onto this however they are incredibly busy as they have lost a few eds and are covering multiple shifts.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 86
by: jammydodge
on: 09/05/2016 | 18:30
Click to reveal

gindygoo wrote:

Good shout @gindygoo 

There are some words which are just plainly obvoius that they are or are not swear words so why aren't or are they in there. @gregg_b @t_will Lets get a discussion on this as soon as one of you has time. It's about time.

JD

“Click“Click“Service “Click
Message 9 of 86
by: itwashimnotme
on: 09/05/2016 | 18:56
Some alternatives maybe? 1) son of a mother trucker. 2) i don't give a donald duck. 3) pisser. 4) dagnabbit 5) son of a motherless goat. 6) shuzzbutt 7) pluck it. 8) effin. 9) kawabunga. 10) nuckin futs. 11) **bleep**. 12) dumb bass ditch.
Message 10 of 86