Are you taking giffgaff on holiday with you ? please share here

Started by: bluemoonbaz
On: 01/07/2013 | 19:14
Replies: 314

by: bluemoonbaz
on: 01/07/2013 | 19:14 edited: 20/06/2017 | 09:25

ok i had an idea for

A giffgaff overseas, tried and tested by us:

giffgaff like the idea but we need members to share there experiences so with that in mind

thank you.

here we go if you could use the same format so giffgaff can easily see reviews, and build up knowledge basefor members to access
You can post as many places as you have been to
Just do a separate post 

1  COUNTRY , AREA , RESORT

2 ANY PROBLEMS USING GIFFGAFF

3 DID YOU TOP UP IN THE UK BEFORE OR OVERSEAS ?

4 WHEN DID YOU TRAVEL

5 WIFI AND TOP UPS AVAILABLE

Why not pop over to your one stop travel shop that caters for all your travel needs, with: hot travel deals, reviews, advice and a whole lot more ! 

Travel Hub

green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 1 of 315
by: adam98675
on: 01/07/2013 | 19:20
1 Spain, Costa Del Sol, Benalmadena
2 None None at all Smiley Happy
3 UK just to avoid useless data charges assosicetd with topping up if I could find wifi
4 22 December 2012- 2 Jan 13
5 WiFi was avaible in the hotel, many pubs and lots of restaurants, and even if you want to pay most phone boxes, which were littered everywhere, never delt with top ups Smiley Tongue

That what you ment? Smiley Tongue
Message 2 of 315
by: redisblue
on: 01/07/2013 | 22:18
Excellent easy to read format Smiley Happy

1)Teneriffe -Playa da las Americas

2)No problem with Internet communications and texts and phone calls were smooth and without problems.

3) I purchased my top in the UK just more for organisational purposes for my own piece of mind Smiley Happy

4) 2012

5) Wifi connections available in most places and phone boxes are all around you, local phone cards are also available in most shops.

Excellent giffgaff service Smiley Happy

Red
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 315
by: redisblue
on: 01/07/2013 | 22:23
1) Greece -Zante- Tsilivi

2) Excellent service in Tsilivi to be honest it was just like using it at home Smiley Happy

3) I purchased my top up in the UK so it was all done before I left.

4) August 2012

5) There are a few phone boxes dotted around in the resort and wifi access and computer access is available at probably every place you go to.

Hopefully this helps someone Smiley Happy

Red
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 315
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 02/07/2013 | 18:51
1. Turkey .marmaris

2. One I turned phone on it roamed through a few different networks then settled and worked no problem.ok for calla and texts in marmaris and back to the uk. .

3.bought my top up before I left uk

4. August 2011

5. Free wifi all over the place bars hotels etc
And places to buy top ups
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 5 of 315
by: n4tz
on: 02/07/2013 | 19:34
Agrigento, Sicily
No problems using gg, able to make and receive calls and texts. Disabled data before I left.
Topped up before I left.
End August 2012- beginning of September 2012
Limited wifi - option to subscribe to "the Cloud" appeared but didn't investigate

Going back this year so will post an update
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 315
by: astrakick10
on: 02/07/2013 | 19:41
Went to benidorm last year took phone and switched on went got over there (iphone) connected to their network all ok didn't use any Internet but made a couple of calls to a local number over there as had trouble with the rep who didn't book us on 2 trips we paid for. I topped up a rennet before I went and didn't use all that credit. Hope this helps other people for Spain!!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 315
by: swlondon
on: 02/07/2013 | 21:55
1.Spain benicassim and Barcelona
2.none at all
3.i topped up before I left uk but after 2days of doing nothing on my phone £10 credit gone I assume it was my 3G connection roaming charges as there where no calls or texts made during the period of credit dissapearing. Got someone in uk to buy me a top up and send me voucher number so I topped up £10 whilst in Spain with no problem.
4. July 2012
5. There where a few wifi spots in benicassim but not many
Barcelona was littered with them
Even the hostel had it
No idea if I could buy giffgaff top up out there but you can def top up using a giffgaff voucher over there if u can get hold of one I didn't look as easier to get someone in uk to get for me and forward
Message 8 of 315
by: rachael125
on: 03/07/2013 | 01:23
1) Florida USA
2) yes could not connect to a provider over their only time I got a service was in the hotel room and was for about 20 minutes then went back to no service. Other half is on 3 and he had service constantly no matter where we were
3) both I topped up before I left the uk and over their.
4) December 2012- got back into the UK January 2013
5) free wifi was available throughout the world Disney resort and parks so allowed for easy top ups

Message 9 of 315
by: rachael125
on: 03/07/2013 | 01:24
Also to add my phone was bought direct from apple so wasn't locked or anything

Message 10 of 315