Knowledge Base
Community

Best Answers - Change the system!

Started by: smithster225225
On: 08/08/2018 | 12:39
Replies: 27

by: ungourin
on: 10/08/2018 | 11:08
That's not a bad calll , shove it in the labs section and I'll support it definitely
Message 21 of 28
by: mcilwraith
on: 10/08/2018 | 11:31

@timwilliams25 wrote:

@smithster225225

I personally think there should be a worst answer option too.  Some of the replies are really poor.  Considering the forum is the main source of information and support.  This way, at least giffgaff can act on members who are giving low quality answers in the quest for payback rewards (that's what they must be doing, as they do not give time to think and give a detailed answer - just quick reply and move onto the next question)

the star system didn`t work when it was in place @timwilliams25 it was too easy to game it

Message 22 of 28
by: harrrrrry
on: 10/08/2018 | 12:04

@timwilliams25

For the worst cases, or if a particular member is persistently posting bad answers, there is already an appropriate button -- the report button.

Anything more visible would be abused -- with half the posters intentionally downvoting everybody else.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 23 of 28
by: various_mm
on: 10/08/2018 | 13:15
@smithster225225

the only best person person to set the best answer id the person who wanted the help as only they know how much of a help someone has been

there are already folks on the forums going through and setting best answers- so what you are suggesting is already happening

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 24 of 28
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 10/08/2018 | 14:11

@various_mm wrote:

@smithster225225

the only best person person to set the best answer id the person who wanted the help as only they know how much of a help someone has been

there are already folks on the forums going through and setting best answers- so what you are suggesting is already happening

@various_mm in most cases you are correct however sometimes its difficult for the OP to know what the best answer is,  its hapoened to me so i have not set a best answer thats where the best answer setters are important.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 25 of 28
by: 4128334
on: 10/08/2018 | 14:23
@mcilwraith
Good Afternoon,
I agree entirely with your post.
It is up to the O/P to awarded a Best Answer but you only have to scroll through the pages of Threads to see how few are awarded.
This particularly true on the Help and Support Page, however the majority of Posters will be new member's looking for help who probably do not understand the giffgaff system.
A step in the right direction is the use of Best Answer Setters, however they seem to come on the Forums in a ad-hoc manner.
My opinion is to leave things as they are and try to educate Newcomer's to award a B/A if their problem was solved.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 26 of 28
by: various_mm
on: 10/08/2018 | 14:40

@shabazmoqsud wrote:

@various_mm wrote:

@smithster225225

@various_mm in most cases you are correct however sometimes its difficult for the OP to know what the best answer is,  its hapoened to me so i have not set a best answer thats where the best answer setters are important.

@shabazmoqsud

there are already best answer setters out there. 

if you were not able to set the best answer yourself then that indicates that the answers that you had didn't help you as you were not able to define a best answer.

not every post may have a best answer! that is to be expected and thats what happens

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 27 of 28
Highlighted
by: roaringgirl
on: 10/08/2018 | 15:11
Click to reveal

@smithster225225 wrote:

I just wanted to run something by you guys.

It's about best answers.

As many or all of you know, if you help a member in the help and support forum, you can be awarded best answer by the person who asked the question.

How would you guys feel if this changed and best answers were instead set by best answer setters only?

As someone who helps out a lot in the help and support forum, I find it frustrating when certain members who spend almost ALL day sitting writing very basic, often rude answers, are getting best answer, while other people are sitting constructing informative helpful answers which takes more time, they miss out on the best answer because the person who writes a very basic answer gets in first!

I think best answers should go to 'The Best Answer'. It speaks for itself.

If a member asks for help and then gets a quick-fire reply and selects it as best answer, it gets set as best answer, without any screening.

I think this should chage.

Best answers should go into a queueing system to be approved by best answer setters and they can either approve the best answer OR override it and choose the ACTUAL best answer!

This would certainly encourage members to put more time and thought into their answers and make it a much more fairer system.

I know it might sound a little controversial but I think people getting best answer for ONE sentence is controversial!

Anyone with me on this????

Thanks for your time guys Smiley Tongue

No I don't think this is something needed at all. If no best answer is set then the setters will get to it. If the op has set an answer, who are we to tell them it's wrong?

Message 28 of 28