Community

Best answers

Started by: bugzbunny
On: 16/07/2018 | 23:07
Replies: 9

by: bugzbunny
on: 16/07/2018 | 23:07
Hi Guys, 
I tend to spend a lot of time in the helper section but as of late when I have spent a little time trying to assist the members I have noticed not a lot of best answers are being set .

I was under the impression that the community educators set best answers as well so I was wondering have they stopped setting them and that's why the best answers don't see to being set as much. 
CLICK TO GET YOUR FREE GIFFGAFF SIM WITH £5 CREDIT NANO-MICRO SIMS AVAILABLE
CLICK TO GET YOUR FREE GIFFGAFF SIM WITH £5 CREDIT NANO-MICRO SIMS AVAILABLE

Message 1 of 10
by: spacefrog
on: 16/07/2018 | 23:25

@bugzbunny

According to this... https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/solutions/acceptedsolutionsleaderboardpage/timerange/one_day/tab/a......  there are plenty of best answers being dished out, but not to you or I.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 2 of 10
by: persco
on: 17/07/2018 | 04:59

There are a select group of volunteers from the community as well called BA setters who are setting best answers. It’s just that there are too many posts to go through and they can’t get to all. 

To be honest I have stopped relying on them or Ed’s to set them. I just help away as I can in then little time I get to come on here and whatever happens happen. Just pleased when a members problem is resolved. But BAs are a critical part in helping others find solutions themselves so I understand where you are coming from. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
by: foolish
on: 17/07/2018 | 12:42

The lack of BA's being set by members isa perpetual problem here. all I can say is the setters usually get round to them, eventually.

Message 4 of 10
by: tradertall
on: 17/07/2018 | 13:11
one of the problems with H&S is many OPs there are newcomers and they don't know about the BA system
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 10
by: giffgaff20147
on: 18/07/2018 | 13:53

@bugzbunny

Hello they are still working I got one today and getting them in previous weeks

Message 6 of 10
by: jsmith2009
on: 19/07/2018 | 09:16

I have to agree there's not as many "Best answers" these days.

Message 7 of 10
by: mangowalk
on: 20/07/2018 | 17:49

I've noticed a decline in BAs also
I wonder whether new comers could be encouraged to this this as part of their 'missions profile'?
Its a good habit to set the BA as I think it helps to improve the quality of answers given on the forum!
Message 8 of 10
by: freedmaniac
on: 20/07/2018 | 17:53

@mangowalk

I totally agree with you!

Newcomers should have it made clear to them that it is a matter of good manners to indicate when someone has helped you solve a problem (by setting a BA) and that this also helps others who may search the forum on that topic.

Message 9 of 10
by: persco
on: 20/07/2018 | 18:11

I agree as well @mangowalk any means that will help the BA settlers and Ed’s are welcomed and I think adding this as part of missions will go some way too. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 10