Knowledge Base
Community

Better communication please

Started by: alanjury
On: 10/01/2019 | 19:38
Replies: 12

by: alanjury
on: 10/01/2019 | 19:38 edited: 10/01/2019 | 19:46

Every month we get a thread in the announcements board with info about the payback calculations. The thread is updated with progress, including possible delays. Not unreasonably, I always assume that this is the place to get the most up to date information about payback.

Today, at around 6pm posts started appearing in that thread and in the general discussion board about an email which indicated there was a delay. Strange, as @alex_w had updated the thread only 30 minutes before, and there was no indication of a delay.

It appears that the email going out to those who were following the thread stated that the OP has been edited, and under the reason for the edit, mentioned a possible delay.

Might it be a good idea, @alex_w, to put all the information in the announcement thread, rather than putting some fairly important information only in an email which just goes to those who had requested email updates to the thread?

[edited for typos]

Message 1 of 13
by: bornagain1
on: 10/01/2019 | 21:31 edited: 10/01/2019 | 21:34

Exactly @alanjury

@alex_w

Message 2 of 13
by: ujo55
on: 10/01/2019 | 23:48
I was confused but assumed that despite having hundreds of giff-staffers as we are now informed, giffgaff are unable to send out an error free e-mail, so had assumed that to be responsible for the confusion.
Message 3 of 13
by: tearza
on: 10/01/2019 | 23:54
Good idea makes more sense hope it gets the go ahead
Message 4 of 13
by: alex_w
community giff-staffer

on: 11/01/2019 | 09:29

@alanjury I've added that to the actual thread now.

Unfortunately I'm extremely busy currently with the new platform work, so last night's update was a last-minute-before-leaving-the-office update and I missed adding it to the post itself.

Points calculations themselves are *not* delayed - it is only the timing of the related email being sent out. I'm currently still expecting points to be available on the website later today.

Community Platform Manager - Powered by coffee.
Message 5 of 13
by: giffgaff20147
on: 11/01/2019 | 12:25

@alex_w @alanjury

Hello after all that’s happened since outage  giffgaff has done well to keep things on track 

payback it’s only points anyway at this stage 

Message 6 of 13
on: 11/01/2019 | 12:27

Thanks for the clarification @alex_w

I am sorry to hear that you are so busy - and rather disappointed that you couldn’t find the small amount of time it would have taken to say sorry or thank you for highlighting the confusion.

Ah well...

Message 7 of 13
by: alex_w
community giff-staffer

on: 11/01/2019 | 13:32

@alanjury wrote:

Thanks for the clarification @alex_w

I am sorry to hear that you are so busy - and rather disappointed that you couldn’t find the small amount of time it would have taken to say sorry or thank you for highlighting the confusion.

Ah well...

Not so much that I didn't have the time, more that I decided to add it at the last minute and simply didn't realise I hadn't put it in the actual post edit.

Community Platform Manager - Powered by coffee.
Message 8 of 13
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 13/01/2019 | 10:48

@alanjury i agree some times giffgaff need to provide better communicstion in threads but for the most part i think @alex_w and the giffgaff team do a very good jobs with announcements and the informstion they provide.  You have to remember the team must be busy working in the background so may not always have time to update the community.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 13
on: 14/01/2019 | 13:42

I disagree, @shabazmoqsud.

If you are going to start a thread which you say will be updated so we all know what is happening,then I think it is incumbent upon the person who started the thread to ensure that it is kept up to date. 

The thread about the current payback calculations was last updated on Friday morning, when it was stated that “Your December points have already been calculated and may be available to view on the website later today.” Since then, no update and no points available to view on the website. That is NOT good communication.

Message 10 of 13