Knowledge Base
Community

Beware

Started by: tommy2186
On: 11/02/2018 | 13:42
Replies: 7

by: tommy2186
on: 11/02/2018 | 13:42 edited: 11/02/2018 | 15:22

Listen carefully !! I've been with the riffraff network for sometime now and here's what you need to know!! You are network throttled after 9gig and trust me you not fully getting 9gig either... And the speed restriction is far lower than you think it is and a couple of days before your package is due to run out your internet you break connection for split second to disrupt what you are doing.. Also network throttling is eligal and the blag they give you that its because of bandwidth is **bleep**! THINK? What would they do if everyone topped up and where using there full speed 4g ? Then what ey ? Its a con chaps to make you spend more money , as well as making your throttled connection speed unstable. Its just a matter of time before another network takes advantage out of all these companies that use network throttling and remove it and clean up! Such a shame that giffgaff use it too as they could of cleaned up too.

**post edited by an educator**

Message 1 of 8
by: edwin_harris
on: 11/02/2018 | 15:25
I cannot say that I've ever had the problems you describe, are you sure it's not a poor signal area round your way?
--
Ed.
==
Message 2 of 8
by: giffgaffprepper
on: 11/02/2018 | 15:52

tommy2186 wrote:

Listen carefully !! I've been with the riffraff network for sometime now and here's what you need to know!! You are network throttled after 9gig and trust me you not fully getting 9gig either... And the speed restriction is far lower than you think it is and a couple of days before your package is due to run out your internet you break connection for split second to disrupt what you are doing.. Also network throttling is eligal and the blag they give you that its because of bandwidth is **bleep**! THINK? What would they do if everyone topped up and where using there full speed 4g ? Then what ey ? Its a con chaps to make you spend more money , as well as making your throttled connection speed unstable. Its just a matter of time before another network takes advantage out of all these companies that use network throttling and remove it and clean up! Such a shame that giffgaff use it too as they could of cleaned up too.

**post edited by an educator**

@tommy2186

gg provide the info as to what you get for your £20 goodybag, they inform you that data speed is reduced after the first 9gb of data and this will affect the use of content that requires a high bandwidth, ie video streaming, failing to read and understand this info is not gg's fault but your own

you are not obligied to continue to use gg if you don't agree and accept their term and conditions

if you wish to keep your phone number and move it to another network feel free to dial 43431 for your PAC and give this to your new mobile phone provider

happy days

in case you miseed it, click view details next to the £20 goodybag option on the selection page

Message 3 of 8
by: scrips49
on: 11/02/2018 | 15:55

Yawn, yawn

Get a free giffgaff Sim
There is a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven
Message 4 of 8
by: bigdaddy0714
on: 11/02/2018 | 16:18
@scrips49 you wrote yawn yawn and I actually yawned that’s subliminal messages that’s illegal 😁
Message 5 of 8
by: gvmhb
on: 11/02/2018 | 16:34
I have no home or work WiFi and Giffgaff is my main Internet connection.
Since the data allowance was increased to 9gb and speed much improved, I'm generally very happy with Giffgaff data.
Also a new mast has been erected near where I work so I now get a good connection there too.
GG have upped their game as far as I'm concerned and I'm very happy Smiley Very Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
by: themzbiker
on: 11/02/2018 | 16:36

Nice one well said @gvmhb 👍 

Message 7 of 8
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 11/02/2018 | 20:48
If u want unlimited net get broad band or use 3
Message 8 of 8