Broken link.

Started by: tired16
On: 17/12/2018 | 12:23
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: tired16
on: 17/12/2018 | 12:23

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone's aware, but a quick heads-up:

The https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask link is currently broken.

I've taken a screenshot of the error message which appears after clicking the link, but haven't been able to successfully upload it for some strange reason.

But this is what appears: 

This page isn’t working

www.giffgaff.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

@roxy_r @t_will

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please remember to select a "Best answer" and give "Kudos" to those that have helped you. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sloz
on: 17/12/2018 | 15:12
@tired16
@roxy_r
I belive it was a temporary problem from around noon to 12.45 pm (or there abouts)

No further problems reported in the help section after 1pm
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 10
on: 17/12/2018 | 12:26
Other users reporting the same. This is just one user: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HelpersToolbox

@roxy_r @t_will
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please remember to select a "Best answer" and give "Kudos" to those that have helped you. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
by: giffgaff20147
on: 17/12/2018 | 12:49

@tired16

Hello the web site has had problems with running to slow it was reported and now seems to be running better 

logout clear history and cache then try again also restart phone to refresh network 

if you using iphone safari then use a different browser safari is terrible 

I have tryed link it’s working for me 

Message 3 of 10
by: jt_21
on: 17/12/2018 | 13:38

@tired16 might be a glitch, The link is working ok for me 

Message 4 of 10
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 17/12/2018 | 13:59
Hi @tired16,

Have you tried what @giffgaff20147 suggested? Are you able to access the links after that?
community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 5 of 10
by: sloz
on: 17/12/2018 | 15:12
@tired16
@roxy_r
I belive it was a temporary problem from around noon to 12.45 pm (or there abouts)

No further problems reported in the help section after 1pm
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 10
on: 17/12/2018 | 15:32
@giffgaff20147 I'm thinking between me starting the thread and you responding, the link may well have gotten fixed as I've just tried the link without following any of the steps you mentioned FIRST, and it worked fine now.

It was down for a while though and several users were creating threads in the help section asking if it was just them or resorting to members for help with their queries because they couldn't contact an agent.

Note: I was using a desktop, so the actual website, not the app.
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 10
on: 17/12/2018 | 15:33
Yep @jt_21 It's up and running again now. Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 8 of 10
on: 17/12/2018 | 15:35
Hi @roxy_r I knew it wasn't the cause of the problem, as I hadn't faced any issues before and many members were also facing the same error message. So I gave it some time and returned to access the page again without making any changes and it was absolutely fine again! So hopefully it's been resolved. Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
on: 17/12/2018 | 15:37
I just read your post right now @sloz ! But that was the observation and conclusion I made too and mentioned in my response to @giffgaff20147 who posted at 12:49pm to say the link was fine. It really was at that point. Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 10 of 10