Knowledge Base
Community

[Bug discussion] 400MiB of data allowance appears to be missing from Fiver GoodyBag?

Started by: thunderdragon
On: 18/07/2018 | 13:34
Replies: 6

by: thunderdragon
on: 18/07/2018 | 13:34
Note: I was originally going to pop this in H&S, but as it's a non-issue for me and discusses a possible bug rather than being a help request I've put it in Contribute instead. Educators please feel free to move this back across if H&S is a more appropriate forum. :-)

Hi again everyone! ^_^
Here's a composite screen-clip, showing both what's currently remaining in my GBP 5,- GoodyBag as well as the allowances offered to me when I went to queue up my next just now...
Composite screengrab, showing 99,94 remain of 100MiB data allowed, and fact GBP 5,- GB offers 500MB data.

As can be seen; My GoodyBag widget is showing that I've got 100MiB of data allowance, but the GoodyBag page is saying that the GBP 5,- GoodyBag now has 500MiB of data, a 400MiB difference. :-o

Now thankfully I'm not going to be hurt by 400MiB of missing data allowance (It's a very rare month where I use more than 4MB! ;-) but I can see other Fiver GoodyBag users getting rather put out by this if they find themselves running into PAYG data use because they've been given 100MiB of data and not the 500MiB which they expected to have. :-o

Is this an account or site bug, or have I simply missed something? :-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 18/07/2018 | 13:40 edited: 18/07/2018 | 22:29

You've missed something, and what is shown on your account is correct.

Your current goodybag expires in 19 days, so was started 12 days ago (circa 6th July).  The increased data allowances were added to new goodybags that started on/after 11 July - there was no retrospective adding of data to existing goodybags.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 7
by: thunderdragon
on: 18/07/2018 | 14:29
If that's indeed the case, then that makes perfect sense. I tried to BA your reply, but Lithium's being Lithium again... :-/

That said, the 11th July seems a very odd (Cut-off) date for an allowance increase. Why not something logical, like the 01st? :-?
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 7
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 18/07/2018 | 14:44

thunderdragon wrote:

If that's indeed the case, then that makes perfect sense. I tried to BA your reply, but Lithium's being Lithium again... :-/

That said, the 11th July seems a very odd (Cut-off) date for an allowance increase. Why not something logical, like the 01st? :-?
+++ ThunderDragon +++

@thunderdragon u might think 11th July is odd and 1st July seems logical.  The reason why the data increase happened on 11th July 2018 is because the original topic for the data increase was posted on 11th June 2018 so the 11th July 2018 comes because i think giffgaff allow at least 30 days for new changes to take affect.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 18/07/2018 | 17:58

@thunderdragon

thunderdragon wrote:

+++ ThunderDragon +++

Why would giffgaff do anything logical?

Announcement thread: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Say-hello-to-more-data-on-our-5-amp-7-50-goodybags-a...

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 5 of 7
by: pauljohn7
on: 18/07/2018 | 18:28

thunderdragon wrote:

@thunderdragon

For some reason giffgaff have historically chosen Wednesday as the day of the week for changing goodybags allowances.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: endorphin
on: 18/07/2018 | 18:56

Assuming an even distribution of goodybag start dates in any given month then it really doesn't matter which date/day of the week they choose.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 7 of 7