Community

Buying mobile

Started by: jason1973tess
On: 04/12/2018 | 01:37
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: jason1973tess
on: 04/12/2018 | 01:37

Just got a message for giffgaff saying you can't pay with PayPal it is not wrighW you can top-up with payPay and you get your payback with payPay so don't you think it's time to to make it safe reviews paypal freak and buy a phone with safety so if the item goes walkers you can get you got a chance and getting yet money back or having the item strathfield paypal i don't understand me why the just don't let you don't use it to buy a mobile phone is crazy

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: harrrrrry
on: 04/12/2018 | 05:15

@jason1973tess

Though paypal makes it easier, you still have protection:

• under sale of goods legislation, the seller is legally responsible if an item you buy is lost in transit to you. In theory you might have to sue the seller to get the money back, but sellers are aware of their legal obligations (its they, not you, that must insure or self-insure the goods in transit) and will usually provide an eventual refund or replacement if goods fail to arrive
  • if you pay by credit card rather than debit card, and the goods exceed £100, the consumer credit act protects you and the bank should refund you.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 7
by: harrrrrry
on: 04/12/2018 | 05:15

@jason1973tess

Though paypal makes it easier, you still have protection:

• under sale of goods legislation, the seller is legally responsible if an item you buy is lost in transit to you. In theory you might have to sue the seller to get the money back, but sellers are aware of their legal obligations (its they, not you, that must insure or self-insure the goods in transit) and will usually provide an eventual refund or replacement if goods fail to arrive
  • if you pay by credit card rather than debit card, and the goods exceed £100, the consumer credit act protects you and the bank should refund you.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 7
by: inspiron42
on: 04/12/2018 | 08:22 edited: 04/12/2018 | 08:23

A credit or debit card transaction under £100 is also protected at the banks discretion. You will therefore be in the same position as paying by PayPal.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: mcilwraith
on: 04/12/2018 | 11:17

paying with paypal would be fine for me if buying outright

if credit then leave it as a direct debit to the lender

Message 4 of 7
by: dtuxcomp
on: 05/12/2018 | 01:12
Unless it's changed recently you also can't use pre-pay credit cards to buy phones from the Giffgaff phone shop. I spent two days finding that out a while back. Ended up buying from Argos instead which was a shame as I wanted to give my business to Giffgaff, I'd picked out an £80 phone, went to the corner shop to put the money on the pre-pay credit card and paid the 99p charge to top it, only to finally be told it has to be a traditional credit card, or bank card. I don't like to steer people away from Giffgaff but I have to say the Argos sim free phones are good value and you can shop there with Paypal or just go into the shop and pay with cash. I'd never attach my bank account to any online purchase hence why I got a pre-pay ( Pockit ) credit card and set up a PayPal account. It would be good if Giffgaff could add PayPal as an option in the phone shop.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 5 of 7
on: 05/12/2018 | 05:01
eBay our souls because they did know but mess me about with GPS tracker thing you're only a tenner but that's not the point although they kept the company kept messing me about it and adding 10 days and 10 days and spoke to eBay they said we're going to give her back it never happened so I spoke to PayPal I got it back after 4 months
Message 6 of 7
on: 05/12/2018 | 05:04

yes and did you know that you can actually get a credit card from eBay now you can't get it on a prayer on her basic account we can get it on her business account and you'll get the card reader as well for just about £35 or something like thatI just got a message from payPay saying that you can actually set a direct debit up with them now. Good what do you think

Message 7 of 7