Knowledge Base
Community

Call centre

Started by: trapper21
On: 30/05/2018 | 23:58
Replies: 27

by: trapper21
on: 30/05/2018 | 23:58

I think giffgaff should provide a24/7 call centre this will result in with greater opportunities than imagined ✌️

Message 1 of 28
by: persco
on: 31/05/2018 | 00:12

I like how it is for now. I am the type that likes written statements that I can fall back to read if I need it and no hearsay. Plus costwise giffgaff are able to keep overheads down and try to keep their pricing competitive. 

I understand though that some may may want to stay in a queue and speak to a human being. I have enough other services that take that much of my time when I need them. Giffgaff being one less is good enough for me. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 28
by: bobrobinson
on: 31/05/2018 | 02:10

Hiya @trapper21

I totaly agree with @persco

When calling a call center you can be in a queue for ages. Then you can forget what was said when you finaly get through to them.

With giffgaff its all written as said above and you can keep going back to the answer if needed.

Also your phone is always avalable and wont get any missed calls whilst you was in a queue.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 28
by: figment_uk
on: 31/05/2018 | 05:39

@trapper21

How do you propose giffgaff cover the cost of providing this? 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 28
by: 4128334
on: 31/05/2018 | 07:13
@trapper21
Good 6,
A definite No from me.
The cost of setting up a Call Centre would be very High plus the overheads.
So if you want a increase in the amount you pay to fund it OK.
Have a Great Day.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 28
by: hunterchunk
on: 31/05/2018 | 07:15

@trapper21 Exactly what unimaginable opportunities would come giffgaff's way if they had a call centre.?   For them as a business it would incur huge costs and where will the money for that come from? 

As for us the customer?  Oh yes we would be queuing for ages to eventually get through to someone reading from a script. No thanks, give me the help and support forum any day . Problems usually answered within 90 seconds,  that's will do for me. 

Message 6 of 28
by: davidevans0000
on: 31/05/2018 | 07:58 edited: 31/05/2018 | 08:00

@trapper21 welcome to giffgaff unusual first post and call centre no good to much money to run it this forum better.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 28
by: lwachtrop
on: 31/05/2018 | 08:29

I find Giffgaff to be fine the way things are, if we had a call centre we the customers are the ones that would have to pay for it either by putting up prices or reducing payback.

Message 8 of 28
by: allan1954
on: 31/05/2018 | 09:02
welcome to giffgaff @trapper21 giffgaff forum is best.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 28
by: rqt
on: 31/05/2018 | 09:23 edited: 31/05/2018 | 09:43

@trapper21

As far as I am aware giffgaff is the only UK network without call centre support (& this is one of giffgaff's unique selling points).

If you regard call centre support as some kind of advantage then why do you not simply use one of the many networks that already provide this "service" ?

(needless to say I do not wish to spend ages holding the phone, being sujected to endless spoken menus of automated functions  or muzak & being lied to that my call is important but that there is an unusual number of callers at present - finally to be topped off with an attempt to communicate verbally with someone who for whatever reason does not understand or speak the same version of English as me & who is also working from a pre-defined script with no innate understanding of the subject being discussed)

Message 10 of 28