Knowledge Base
Community

Can't recommend GiffGaff - read why

Started by: ramtec
On: 17/09/2015 | 11:28
Replies: 10

by: ramtec
on: 17/09/2015 | 11:28

Put an unused but old giffgaff sim ordered for referal by me in my daughters new phone.

See has received the £5.00 advised for referal but I have not received the 500 points as promised by giffgaff.  I have asked an agent who replied back saying that the sim wasn't ordered through me!!!

The only two giffgaffers in my house (previuos to my daughters sign up) are my wife and I.  I have checked her account and the points arn't there either.

Giffgaff if you are going to advertise referals, then make sure they work.  I have spent more time on this than the 500 are worth!!!!

Pull your fingers out of your backsides giffgaff and sort this out!

The thing that gets me most is every time I try to do anything via giffgaff, it always goes wrong - what a shambles.......

Message 1 of 11
by: littleblabbermouth
on: 17/09/2015 | 11:36

Sorry you've had such a bad experience, I hope you can sort this out with an agent

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 11
by: mynamessam2974
on: 17/09/2015 | 11:37
You should get £10 payback not £5
Message 3 of 11
by: fidas
on: 17/09/2015 | 11:38
if uve put an old sim in which at that time didnt have the 500 points offer then u wnt gt them u shud have ordered a new sim lol
Message 4 of 11
by: w69d
on: 17/09/2015 | 11:43
hi , if your daughter received the free £5 airtime credit then that would be its definitely a MGM simcard but doesn't mean for certain its linked to your account

maybe the simcard was ordered from another members banner a long time ago ?? who would receive the 500 points (plus the extra 500 points in the current offer )

but double check your and your wife's recruits page to be certain , it should show your daughter's name there if its linked

https://giffgaff.com/spread/recruits

remember that payback points are only added the following month after activation
Message 5 of 11
by: mcilwraith
on: 17/09/2015 | 17:15

If it is a referral sim from yourself then your points wont show up till the next update

Take into consideration this very serious poem

payback comes but twice a year

june and then december

its updated every month

as long as you`re a member

you can take it as credit if you wish

or paypal just like me

or if your feeling generous

there`s always charitee

http://giffgaff.com/index/payback

Message 6 of 11
by: woodyuk
on: 17/09/2015 | 18:05

Payback points are updated on or around the 5th of the month so if this sim was activated this month you won't see the points added to your total untill the 5th of October.

Message 7 of 11
by: navvy
on: 17/09/2015 | 18:46

This thread might be of interest.  http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Missing-points-on-referral-SIM-s/td-p/16997216

Has your daughter had a giffgaff account previously?  Could she possibly have reused someone else's abandoned username?

Try searching for her account on this forum, to see if she appears to have posted anything before she joined?  And check whether her join date is show correctly?

The community join date does not tell you everything - it is quite possible that someone may have activated a SIM but never joined the community.

It says in that thread that giffgaff will sometimes give the £5 joining bonus even though it should not be given to a returning member, but that the recruiter would be shown as the original recruiter and not you.

If it had been a SIM swap, she would not have received the £5 joining bonus.

Please let us know if you find a solution to this mystery - I've seen posts like this occasionally and never known whether there was a simple explanation, or whether it was indeed a system glitch.

Message 8 of 11
by: bobrobinson
on: 17/09/2015 | 18:54 edited: 17/09/2015 | 18:56

Please check both your emails.  It shouldsay your friend has been giffgaffed. Or look  on your mt giffgaff page as it should say the same. Click on my  giffgaff and scroll down to from giffgaff.

All the best

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 11