Knowledge Base
Community

Change of user name allow at least once a year.

Started by: rodericus_int
On: 27/07/2018 | 11:34
Replies: 16

by: rodericus_int
on: 27/07/2018 | 11:34

Hello,

I think it could be a good idea to allow the change of username whenever we want, but at least once a year. It is useful when you are dealing with several family account and a new member is coming in or out. 

Regards

Message 1 of 17
by: endorphin
on: 27/07/2018 | 11:39 edited: 27/07/2018 | 11:46

giffgaff have only recently allowed new members to change their usernames once due to the complexities of linking their giffgaff credential with their community credentials. Given this complexity to allow a change of username annually would not be forthcoming soon.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 17
by: k89bpa
on: 27/07/2018 | 17:25
I support this idea.

@endorphin that'll explain why I don't have that functionality, thank you. I didn't know it was restricted to new members.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 3 of 17
by: freedmaniac
on: 28/07/2018 | 08:21

@rodericus_int

Can you explain to us why this would be a good idea....other than the fact that it is something you would like?

How will it benefit the company?

What is the likely cost to them? - They are, after all, designed as a profit-making centre for Telefonica.

Message 4 of 17
by: mcilwraith
on: 28/07/2018 | 11:21

I don't see how changing a username would help with family members accounts

Maybe that's only me but keeping a note of usernames and passwords should be enough 

Message 5 of 17
by: sha_shah1
on: 28/07/2018 | 15:58

@rodericus_int

i think we don't need it.because on community mostly members know each other by their user name and if you change it every year you need to introduce yourself again.and your community friends are not able to find you or msg you until you did tell them your new user name.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 17
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 28/07/2018 | 17:57

@rodericus_int

I support the idea of username change but once a year is a bit much given the complexity of linking a members giffgaff account and the community forum.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 17
by: various_mm
on: 28/07/2018 | 18:24
don't see the point

i mean you user name is just a suer name, its not your legal name

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 8 of 17
by: various_mm
on: 28/07/2018 | 18:25

@shabazmoqsud wrote:

@rodericus_int

I support the idea of username change but once a year is a bit much given the complexity of linking a members giffgaff account and the community forum.

@shabazmoqsud

agree one time option to chnage should be ok, i but a chnage every year would mean that there would be hardly any uder nmes left and thy would be getting longer and longer  to keep them unique

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 9 of 17
by: nefarius
on: 30/07/2018 | 09:17

Well that told you bud! 😁

I can't see why it is complicated myself? Good idea! 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 17