Knowledge Base
Community

Coming soon… A brand new feature for goodybags.

Started by: dc_caton78
On: 31/05/2018 | 11:06
Replies: 162

by: thunderdragon
on: 03/12/2018 | 20:49
JayMail wrote:
Stephencwll After an extended period of deliberation and well considered in depth private meditation, a bit of yoga and a lie down in a darkened room, I have decided not to opt into 'credit cushion', should it ever be implemented.
Seems like credit cushion was almost invented as an additional revenue stream for 'payforit' the Networks secret cash cow. When existing credit balances have been entirely depleted and payforit wants one more slice of your money, why not give them indirect access to your bank accounts as well.
BPG1970 wrote:
It appears that this feature is limited to those that pay be methods other than vouchers.
BPG1970 100% correct! Only members with a payment method registered on the system will have access to credit cushion, if and when the feature ever gets the final nod for implementation.
@jaymailsays You're giving me some very strong reasons to order the removal of all payment card details from my GG account (Thank goodness for the GDPR!) and to switch to using only cash top-up vouchers from supermarkets in the future... :-o ;-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 161 of 163
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 04/12/2018 | 16:34
Does this credit cushion exist?
Message 162 of 163
Highlighted
by: thunderdragon
on: 05/12/2018 | 18:22
NewCrazyMember asked:
Does this credit cushion exist?
@newcrazymember2018 Yes, it does. It's presently (Based on what I've read so far) been enabled on a trial basis for a limited selection of accounts which may (Or might not) have opted-in to the trial, but it's not yet available to all members.
Once it is (IF it is) then options for it will appear in GiffGaff settings pages (Most likely on your Payment Details page) and you'll be able to turn it on/off from there. :-)

If you are concerned that a Credit Cushion trial might be operational on your account without your knowlege, desire or consent, please Ask an Agent to look into this for you and have them disable it if that's what you want. Please note that Agents will not be able to enable it on your account ahead of any public release.

Hope this helps! :-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 163 of 163