Knowledge Base
Community

Commending giffgaff

Started by: shootskeet
On: 10/12/2018 | 14:24
Replies: 5

by: shootskeet
on: 10/12/2018 | 14:24

I'd just like to commend the team at giffgaff for the way they have handled the compensation over the O2 outages. Offering airtime or a donation is inspired (I've chosen to donate).

Well done and keep up the good work

Message 1 of 6
by: bobrobinson
on: 10/12/2018 | 15:18

Congratulations-Applause-84496.gif

giffgaff 

On the way you guys handeled the situation

And well done @shootskeet for opening up this this thread.

I think giffgaff responded realy quick and gave us the chance for compensation.

So a big well done from meSmiley Happy

All the best BobSmiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: padiho
on: 10/12/2018 | 15:29

@shootskeet Agree entirely, none of it was their fault either, like you I have also donated mine, suspect most won't though judging by the amount of " how do I get my compensation " questions on help and support....each to their own I suppose 😀

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 6
by: tired16
on: 10/12/2018 | 18:46

@shootskeet Nice to read words of positivity, thank you! Smiley Happy

I myself haven't received an email from giffgaff yet, but I have to say I'm happy with Giffgaff regardless. I think it's an amazing network! 

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please remember to select a "Best answer" and give "Kudos" to those that have helped you. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
by: thunderdragon
on: 10/12/2018 | 23:48
@ShootSkeet wrote:
I'd just like to commend the team at GiffGaff for the way they have handled the compensation over the O2 outages. Offering airtime or a donation is inspired (I've chosen to donate).
Well done and keep up the good work!
I want to follow @shootskeet s lead with this, but I've been having a bit of a problem with Google search only returning results in my device interface language, so my apologies if this one seems a little fahr of the mark... Smiley Happy

Wurst auf GabelOutages are the Wurst... Smiley Surprised

Du Bist die Beste!...But GiffGaff are the Best! Smiley Happy

Many thanks to everyone at GiffGaff for doing their best to get things up and running as swiftly as they could! <3 ^_^

Just my two pfennigs on this, but enough gratitude to fill the Berlin Olympiastadion! <3 Smiley Happy
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 6
by: ujo55
on: 11/12/2018 | 11:30
If I may perhaps add some constructive criticism to this thread, ideas that could be consider if ever such an incident should happen again, and in this world it just could.

First of all I do believe it is a good idea that members who feel that they have been impacted significantly by the disruption can opt to register, whilst those like me who were not, can refrain from registering - meaning there is more of the pot for those effected.
I also thoroughly approve of the possibility of registering and donating what you would have received to charity - great idea!

Now the issues that I see:
- One members mildly inconvenienced is another persons very significantly impacted that is very clear by the claims made by some members.
- Making the registration link available only by e-mail was always going to take some / many days.
From the thread many believed that the mail would be received in 24 maximum 48 hours, that is the way e-mail works, so many are becoming increasing frustrated!
The situation could be greatly improved if GG staff could update the thread on perhaps a daily basis giving perhaps an indication of mails still to be sent / expected date when all mails would be received/ any changes of date for claim registration - this would make it more visible that GG are still involved and take out much of the heat!
But surely the use of e-mail for this is questionable, many of us are concerned about clicking links received in this way.

- Expectations as to the payment seems always to grow over time, many expect £10's even £100's, the mail really gave no indication of the magnitude, unlike O2 and Tesco, and if I am correct it is likely to be in the £1 - £5 range of airtime credit, I believe there will be much anger when this is finally announced.

- The mail almost suggest that the payment will be determined on a case by case basis which again I doubt is the real intention, I know it was written to show empathy but feel it could have been phrased a little more clearly as to the intention.

- Many have asked which charity the money will be given to. I guess that this will be the winners of the charity vote but again I feel gg staff should clarify the matter in a thread update to show their on-going concern and involvement.

So please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to rain on the parade, but there are many members who clearly do not feel this have gone so well, and I'm just trying to add some constructive thoughts to what is a difficult situation.

Message 6 of 6