Community

Community Payback 2.0

Started by: alex_w
On: 18/05/2015 | 17:26
Replies: 1367

by: woodyuk
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:19

@endorphin wrote:
@woodyuk I think this proposal address the question of payback for people helping out on social media http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-integrated-community-profile/td-p/1664807...

@endorphin yes I noticed that earlier thanks but with the Lithium project only being in the Alpha stage and so not certain even to go ahead I was wondering if helping on other social media had been included in this payback system as it's due to launch in less than a fortnight's time.

Message 21 of 1,368
by: acetech
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:20 edited: 18/05/2015 | 18:29

Sorry but I actually disagree with the best answers ratio, as yes, in theory it sounds great but if anything in my opinion it will encourage more people to use copy/paste answers basically because if a person was to post late the chances of them getting best answer is lower, so in a way this could effectively punish those who take the time to construct a relevant, well thought out response, often even if as little as 5 - 10 minutes.

That and of course it's "pot luck" if the op even marks a best answer which obviously those replying cannot know at the time of posting, unless of course more best answers are going to be selected by educators to make it a fairer system?

As to be honest currently only 85 people that would get more than £30 is rather low.

Edited to add:

Obviously I can understand the reasoning but wonder how it may work in effect, other than that it sounds pretty good, but obviously only time will tell for sure.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 22 of 1,368
by: leeben86
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:22
I think this is a stupid idea giffgaff stop messing with what made you popular. Its getting to a point where instead of its run by you. Its actually we will pretend it is, stop changing everythink your spoiling a great company and making it mediocar like the rest of the networks. These little to stay on giffgaff for, and i shall stop advising people to use your services untill in sure what your doing actually works.
Message 23 of 1,368
by: bigbob40
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:25
I dont like the thought of "decreasing" payback if youv already earnt it hmmmz..
Message 24 of 1,368
by: blastie11
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:29
I think it will encourage more 'copy and paste' answers within the Help & Support section. I also think that Giff Gaff will lose customers if the proposed changes are implemented.

I feel that this is profiteering via the back door and for transparency I would like the powers that be show the overall figures paid out at the first paydate via the new scheme compared to the same period for the old scheme - I'm sure payback totals will be hugely less overall using the new scheme as compared to the existing method.

Finally, as others have said I would like to know on which criteria 'reputable members' are classed. Should it really be that one customer is more important than another?
Message 25 of 1,368
by: cim
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:31

Verrry interesting - potentially quite a dramatic change with a lot of behaviour-influencing modifications to the payback system there.

Will be interesting to see how well this encourage good quality posting behaviour vs. kudos chasing behaviour. 

I suppose the trick must be to make this sufficiently intuitive that it does not take several months of misguided posting before people realise what is rewarded the most!

Get a free Giffgaff SIM posted to you pronto
Message 26 of 1,368
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:32
@bigbob40

I thought the same, especially only in help & support, there are many reasons to maybe reduce payback other than for trying to help!

Especially if just because a best answer isn't marked (unless these are discounted?), or because the poster has taken time to construct their answer.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 27 of 1,368
by: suppers_ready
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:33

@alex_w  That is probably the most detailed and considered proposal from giffgaff I've read in over four years of being here. Thank you for that. Smiley Happy

I've always though that the "most helpful" should get a bigger slice of the pie, so that is a very welcome reform. 

It will be  interesting to see how it shakes out. I reckon it may take a few months to change some behaviours, but it's a step in the right direction.

Like others have mentioned, I'm intrigued as to who "reputable members" are.

Message 28 of 1,368
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:36
Another thought about the help section:

This could also encourage more "too much information" replies as by asking the op questions to better determine the problem a member will be damaging their own ratio, even if they do go on to be marked best answer (which seldom happens in this scenario).
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 29 of 1,368
by: pinkcalculator
on: 18/05/2015 | 18:43
I need to come back and look at this when I have time buy on first look won't this encourage loads of help posts just for the sake of it ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 30 of 1,368