Started by: the_joseph
On: 02/05/2012 | 12:08
Replies: 14

Highlighted
by: the_joseph
former giff-staffer

on: 02/05/2012 | 12:08

Hi all,

I bring you the content reports for March and April 2012.

This report provides details of the type and amount of content reported within the communty. These figures are for the things reported using the 'Report Content' feature; it doesn't include things flagged to us via PM (but this is very very low numbers compared to reports). The numbers also don't include duplicate reports (several people reporting the same content).

To help put into perspective the amount of posts reported out of the many posts made on the community, we have shown the figures as a percentage vs. the total amount of posts for the reported month.

For more information on how we analyse and feel about these numbers, please see last months report.

Also see the review of 2011's content.

March 2012

table.jpg

graph.jpg

April 2012

table.jpg

graph.jpg

We are exceedingly happy with these results.

So thanks for all the help in reporting this stuff and for self-moderating the content on the forum.

Joe

We are looking to revamp how we present you this information, and so please let us know what information you would like, and how you would like us to present it. Also think what other information from around the community you would like to hear about. Where possible and where not commercially sensitive we will try and present it to you; but you need to let us know what you want.

the_joseph giffgaff educator
Message 1 of 15
by: peterross_99
on: 02/05/2012 | 12:13
wow! that must have took a while to compile! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
by: as7861
on: 02/05/2012 | 12:14 edited: 02/05/2012 | 12:22

@joseph 

Firstly thanks for presenting the data to us. 

According to the data i see in two months. I see that the Thread in wrong thread has decreased and the pointless posts and incorrect solutions has increased. 

So was their any action taken for educating people to put threads in right place but lead to more pointless and more incorrect solutions ? 

In addition the march digram is missing one percentage for gaming the system, which i can see has increased. 

Saying this that the total actioned reports also decreased which could have been in many reasons. 

- Less posts were reported. 

- Less posts needed reporting

- Less posts in the forum (compared to March to April).

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 15
by: oldyorkie
on: 02/05/2012 | 12:16

Hi Joe - thanks as always for this info, it's nice to see the differences on a month to month basis.

I would be interested to see how many times a member's broken links are reported? It happens an awful lot and it would seem a very current issue worth monitoring?

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
Message 4 of 15
by: mo2011
on: 02/05/2012 | 12:24
interesting read nice one.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 15
by: mikehall94
on: 02/05/2012 | 12:26
This is one of the reasons I put this idea forward: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Forum-rules-guidelines/idi-p/3775323

Most of these errors and misuse could be stopped very simply I reckon!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 15
by: 930913
on: 02/05/2012 | 13:37

@the_joseph wrote:

We are looking to revamp how we present you this information, and so please let us know what information you would like, and how you would like us to present it. Also think what other information from around the community you would like to hear about. Where possible and where not commercially sensitive we will try and present it to you; but you need to let us know what you want.

Absolute numbers, as well as the percentage, would be nice.

Message 7 of 15
by: hc_1540
on: 02/05/2012 | 14:21

@930913 wrote:

I think it's been said before that we won't get this information

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 15
by: zerodudex333
on: 02/05/2012 | 14:28

Interesting stuff Smiley Happy

Get a free SIM with £5 Free Credit!                                       
Message 9 of 15
by: ouaisne
on: 02/05/2012 | 21:15

@hc_1540 wrote:

@930913 wrote:

I think it's been said before that we won't get this information

As this is just based on the number of posts and not related to the number of members I can't see a reason not to give this info. After all all you have to do is work out how many posts there are on the first of each month and here are the percentages to give the results.

To give a rough idea I think we are running at something like 1 million posts every 8 months which gives about 125,000 a month times 0.348% gives 435 total reports in April if my maths is correct.

Message 10 of 15