Contribute Idea: Automated PM for new Members

Started by: misswotsit
On: 05/03/2013 | 15:35
Replies: 11

Go to best answer
by: misswotsit
on: 05/03/2013 | 15:35 edited: 05/03/2013 | 15:40

Hi all,

I hope I have popped this in the relevent section! (If not I apologise and could it be moved to that relevent place!) 

New members tend to ask the same questions about setting up their phones etc etc over in the Help section, as a community we respond and inform them where they can find this information. However, what about, just as an idea, when a new member signs up, they automatically receive a Private Message with links to the most useful things to get up and running, such as:

Mobile phone settings such as mms etc

Clarification on Credit/Goodybag Tarriffs

Voicemail settings

A link to the introduce yourself section so that members can introduce themselves and get involved in the discussions around the forums

That way the help section is dealing with issues other than the general setup and up and running of a new member and their device. There will still be plenty of questions too answer, but I thought that maybe having this as a tool to begin with, would mean that members have all the information that they require in one place.

This is just a completely random idea, however, it may reduce the replication of questions that crop up?

Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: diwatty
on: 05/03/2013 | 16:59

I actually put forward this idea and it was set not for us since its not possible Smiley Sad

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Automatic-welcome-pm/idi-p/6388958 

Status changed to: Not for us

This already happens, it's not automatic as that's not possible - but we do send a welcome message every day to all new members. Cheers :smileyhappy:
Silver Approved Helper.
Message 7 of 12
by: nerakb
on: 05/03/2013 | 15:38

I like the concept of your idea.It would make newbies lives easier.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 12
by: bmw4175
on: 05/03/2013 | 15:44
I doubt gg would go for it as that's what were here for. Plus you've got lots of different operating systems like android, iOS, windows ect so how would gg no which PM to send them with the correct settings.
But apart from that its not a bad idea Smiley Wink
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
on: 05/03/2013 | 15:47 edited: 05/03/2013 | 15:48

Well if you head over to the help section, it has a list of the setup for android, blackberry, etc... so just a link to that help section itself rather than specific phone models Smiley Happy I see what you mean though, but even though we are here to respond to questions would mean focusing more time on questions that are more intricate, rather than, how do i set my phone up for voicemail etc Smiley Happy I am more than happy to answer them, it is just a suggestion to make it easier for them to get themselves up and running all in one go Smiley Very Happy

I thought I would throw it out there Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 12
by: philiplittle40
on: 05/03/2013 | 16:04
There is a 'getting started' link already on the dashboard - any text could link to that
Message 5 of 12
on: 05/03/2013 | 16:18
Thanks philip Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
on: 05/03/2013 | 16:59

I actually put forward this idea and it was set not for us since its not possible Smiley Sad

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Automatic-welcome-pm/idi-p/6388958 

Status changed to: Not for us

This already happens, it's not automatic as that's not possible - but we do send a welcome message every day to all new members. Cheers :smileyhappy:
Silver Approved Helper.
Message 7 of 12
on: 05/03/2013 | 17:09
I am so sorry i tried to search to make sure it hadn't been done before couldn't find anything. I do apologise. Thank you for letting me know Smiley Happy Really appreciate it Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
on: 05/03/2013 | 17:13

@misswotsit wrote:
I am so sorry i tried to search to make sure it hadn't been done before couldn't find anything. I do apologise. Thank you for letting me know Smiley Happy Really appreciate it Smiley Happy

You also commented Smiley Happy

Silver Approved Helper.
Message 9 of 12
on: 05/03/2013 | 17:18
I am so sorry I am so forgetful! I will accept as a solution now! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 12