Get Help
Community

Contribute to giffgaff tips and get mutual rewards (we now have Amazon vouchers too).

Started by: aggy_agate
On: 25/08/2017 | 14:07
Replies: 68

Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
Community Staff

on: 25/08/2017 | 14:07 edited: 12/10/2017 | 13:25

Hi folks,

Thought I'd put this up here just so everyone's looped in. 

If you know me or have seen me around you might know I'm the person looking after our lovely Tips board. If not - hi, I'm Aggie, the person looking after our lovely Tips board. Smiley Happy

When taking on this responsibility I also started looking into best ways to improve the board and make it more accessible to everyone interested. 

We have broadened the vision: our Tips board is no longer limited to a specific content, it's for everyone to enjoy. We believe in the Community spirit and inclusiveness. Every single one of you has unique passions, hobbies, something you are good at. Be it tech, marketing, finance, crafting, cooking, dog grooming or what have you - there's something you have mastered in life. So why not share this with like-minded peeps? 

Whatever it is you're good at - you have some unique tips, hacks, and guides to share and help others. So why not give this a go? Your tips can actually inspire and help another member to try out something new or solve a problem.

It's all about curiosity and discovery. And mutual giving, of course. 

Okay,  here's the idea in a nutshell: 

Let's say I'm good at video editing - I can then create a basic guide on how to use the Adobe editing programs.  As it's my passion, I know my content will be authentic as my view and unique ways of working with the program will come through. 

If a person has mastered something that they are proud of,  it's likely that they too have their own individual way of doing things. There's plenty of branded content out there but not enough authentic information that comes from real people, with real hands-on experiences. 

Here's where you guys come in.

-Pick something that resonates with you, something you're good at. 

- Write up short tips, guides or 'how to' article' on the chosen topic. E.g 10 top tips on x,y,z. 

- Share it on the Tips board

then...

-Once or twice a month I'll be pulling a list of all the tips thread and get in touch with you to give some feedback and say thanks.

-On top of your usual Community payback I'll be adding an extra 'thank you' - either an Amazon voucher or some payback if you've gone that extra mile to share authentic, well-written or in any other way creatively produced content (photo, video). Amazon_Gift_Card.png

Content types you could potentially use: video, text, photo or a mix of all of these.

PS if you have questions or need an advice give me a shout. Together we'll figure it out.

Let's crack on with this.

Best,

Aggie 

banner.png

Message 1 of 69
by: kathleen414
on: 25/08/2017 | 14:09

Hiya Aggie 

This is a fab idea and will allow everyone to shine Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 69
Community Staff

on: 25/08/2017 | 14:15

@kathleen414 exactly. Smiley Happy I'm glad you're with me on this. I feel techy tips is great but we're not just a mobile phone network - we're a community of people with different and very broad interests, skills and mindsets. We shouldn't limit ourselves, everyone should be included. Smiley Happy

banner.png

Message 3 of 69
by: magspider
on: 25/08/2017 | 14:21

Hi @aggy_agate, this is a great idea and initiative, and I applaud you for it.

May I request that, drawing on experience of previous challenges and payback harvesting activities, a close eye is kept on potential plagiarism.

I can see 'certain people' going to a site like eHow, copying a guide to writing a will, and then pasting it here to pass off as their own work.

It would be good for you to specifically call out and bame this practice before it starts, and perhaps consider automatic penalties for anyone found trying to do it.

I wouldn't want to see an innovative content creation exercise dragged down.

[ No spiders were harmed in the making of this post ]

Join giffgaff, get £5 free bonus credit
Message 4 of 69
on: 25/08/2017 | 14:26 edited: 25/08/2017 | 14:58

aggy_agate wrote:

@kathleen414 exactly. Smiley Happy I'm glad you're with me on this. I feel techy tips is great but we're not just a mobile phone network - we're a community of people with different and very broad interests, skills and mindsets. We shouldn't limit ourselves, everyone should be included. Smiley Happy

Exactly right Aggie @aggy_agate

I have just been commenting on some lovely flowers here

edit link

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/General-Discussion/giffgaff-grow-our-own-corner/td-p/20143102

Lots of members who have ooodles of advice and your fab idea will give them a chance to share with us 

Message 5 of 69
Community Staff

on: 25/08/2017 | 15:05

@magspider I definitely agree, just wasn't sure this is the thread where to talk about it as it would potentially go off topic and become a bit negative. I do think it is something that needs to be discussed though. I think there's a way to distinguish authentic guides from those taken from wikihow or branded pages but it really depends on a topic. For example, if I'd want to talk about my yoga journey and learnings it would sound genuine as it's about personal discovery but when it comes to mobile phone content there are more opportunities to cheat as 'solutions' are more general. 

I will need to think about how to prevent this from happening though. Reports is an option but probably will need some guidelines and action plan in case people start doing this.

@kathleen414 the link is not working :/ but I know the thread. It's amazing. And yes indeed, we can use Tips for any content. And as soon as we'll have a better search and categories on tips it will all nicely come together. Smiley Happy 

banner.png

Message 6 of 69
on: 25/08/2017 | 15:09

@aggy_agate

Thanks changed the link Heart

Message 7 of 69
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 25/08/2017 | 15:18

@aggy_agate

Fantastic idea for all our members to show us a little of there expertise  or a nice way to do something .

It fits in nicely with the giffgaff way of thinking 👍👍

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 69
by: 4128334
on: 25/08/2017 | 15:25
@aggy_agate
Hi,
I like the idea of this, I will be participating in this with my hobbies of Birdwatching (Feathered Kind) and Butterflies.
Any help I can give to members on Theses hobbies I am here.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 69
by: kath72
on: 25/08/2017 | 17:54
This is a really good idea
I love baking and crafts so I'll have a wee think and see what unique tips I can come up with ...
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 10 of 69