Knowledge Base
Community

Credit cancelling goodybag

Started by: mariagibney
On: 11/01/2019 | 19:34
Replies: 4

by: mariagibney
on: 11/01/2019 | 19:34

I think it would be a good idea to be allowed credit as well as a goodybag.

I only knew you couldn't have both from when I first joined. I topped up with a goodybag then put credit on but it cancelled my goodybag! 

Message 1 of 5
by: bobrobinson
on: 11/01/2019 | 19:45 edited: 11/01/2019 | 20:03

Hiya @mariagibney

What made you think that.

You can have credit and a goodybag at the same time.screenshot-www.giffgaff.com-2019-01-11-19-50-17-858.png

See the pic above

I think you must have clicked on the dhange your bag early icon as that would cancel your goodybag.

All you do is click on the add credit icon on the right

https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 11/01/2019 | 20:42

@mariagibney 

You can have air time credit as well as a goodybag 

Look at @bobrobinson screenshots.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
by: endorphin
on: 12/01/2019 | 11:34

Hi @mariagibney giffgaff does allow you to have airtime credit as well as a goodybag, otherwise you wouldn't be able to make those calls/texts which weren't included in goodybags, eg international or 0845/7 numbers.

So you should double check what happened by

dialling *100#  for your airtime credit (payg) balance.
dialling *100*7# for details of the remaining allowances in your current goodybag and when it expires
looking at your order history here https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details#orders

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £10 credit
Message 4 of 5
by: hezp
on: 12/01/2019 | 11:53
You can have Airtime Pay-as-you-go credit (expensive, but needed fMS & when outside the UK & EU coountries) & a Goodybag (reasonable rices & lots to choose from) - I have both. New members find the 2 Giffgaff tariffs confusing so I have included the following information for you.
***The difference between GOODYBAGS & AIRTIME: The 2 Giffgaff Tariffs***
*****GOODYBAG is a monthly allowance for Texts, Calls & Data, plus free Giffgaff to Giffgaff calls - it expires at the end of 30 or 31 days from when you bought it.
Goodybag minutes can be used to call any UK landline numbers that start with 01, 02, 03, and UK mobiles starting with 071 to 075 and 077 to 079.
*****AIRTIME is a PAY- AS-YOU-GO allowance which is used for Multimedia Message Services (MMS), used abroad, for outside the EU area & for 0870, 118 etc. numbers & lasts until it runs out. Plus for the first 3 months after top-up you have free Giffgaff to Giffgaff calls.
****AIRTIME Charges: Calls @ 15p a minute, Texts 5p, Data 5p per MB, Voicemail 8p a call.
***** Picture messages (MMS) to giffgaff and other mobiles (max 300KB) 16p per MMS****
(Goodybags do NOT include MMS)
Click on this link to see all Calls & Tariffs to UK mobiles: https://giffgaff.com/pricing
------------
You can buy both types of credit from your account's Homepage at www.giffgaff.com
If you do decide on a Goodybag you will be able to tick for it to re-occur on the same day each month.
---------
I hope this info. helps.
Message 5 of 5