Knowledge Base
Community

Dell Streak

Started by: rhinosrich
On: 24/10/2010 | 19:49
Replies: 8

by: rhinosrich
on: 24/10/2010 | 19:49

If i buy the Streak will my giffgaff sim work in it okay (am thinking about buying one from ebay )

I know its an O2 exclusive so in theory it should shouldnt it.

Thanks for help in advance

Richard

Message 1 of 9
by: versp
on: 24/10/2010 | 19:50
Yuppity, you should be fine.
- - -
Wanna hear more from me? I'm @verspasian on Twitter.
Message 2 of 9
on: 24/10/2010 | 19:55
Thanks for the quick reply - with its big screen might kill 2 birds with one stone so wont need to buy the kindle as well but will just use the Kindle app on it .

Richard
Message 3 of 9
by: neil40
on: 24/10/2010 | 19:56
Yeah.Will work with giffgaff and would be perfect for Internet on that 4" screen!
Neil
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
by: mary_r_t
on: 24/10/2010 | 20:02
Several forum members have them so you can join their club :-)
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Urban Myths - The truth is out there!
Message 5 of 9
by: minara0161
on: 24/10/2010 | 20:14

Giffgaff run on o2 network so yes in theory it should work.

Please could you grant kudos if you think my answer was good

Message 6 of 9
on: 24/10/2010 | 20:20
Thanks mary , am already in the minority in this forum by using a nokla N900 so would feel at home then.
Message 7 of 9
by: craigmcmanus
on: 24/10/2010 | 20:24

Yep, I have my Dell Streak on GiffGaff

your need to apply the GiffGaff settings to get the data connection working, detailed here: http://www.igaff.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Dell&redirect=no

It all works perfectly.

FYI: Whille I really like my Dell Streak, the 2.1 android build that O2 released (and later took down) is pretty darn rubbish, I'd say don't upgrade from 1.6 if you can until the 2.2 build comes out; latest rumour I heard was November for 2.2

Also, while the gorilla glass is strong, the screen underneath seems to have some problems with breaking, and the back cover over the battery is a known issue with coming lose and making the streak restart. so just take care of your Streak, get a case for it pronto!

Also the gorilla glass CAN be scratched. I have quite a long scratch across the front, thankfully its pretty hard to see unless you really look for it, but anywho you have been warned, get a screen protector.

Please don't be put off though, the streak is great, the 5" screen really kicks bottom, you just have to be a little more careful with it than your average phone and it will be fine.

"If you do something that creates a problem, its a certainty that doing more of that will solve the problem." - Dr Tiki
Message 8 of 9
on: 24/10/2010 | 20:33
Cheers craigmcmanus - I've always put screen protectors on my touch screen phones as soon as but them.

Didnt know that about the gorilla glass so thanks for the tips.

Have had a play with one thats on display at a big carphone warehouse in Leeds and think the screen is brilliant, only thing would miss would be the keyboard have on my N900 .
Is it pocketable and by that i mean trouser not coat.

Thanks

Richard
Message 9 of 9