Knowledge Base
Community

Do you ever run low on data? (Part of the Lean UX workshop)

Started by: riikka_gg
On: 15/01/2019 | 12:41
Replies: 28

by: gizzblue
on: 16/01/2019 | 11:28
@riikka_gg .
Used to run out of date before the increase ..
1)Always got prompted by a text it was low without fail.
2)Usually topped up and started a new goody bag early ....as this was the clearest thing to do.
3)it used to happen before the increase ...didn't phase me really just topped up and carried on .
4)Used WiFi more is about the only thing ...till I was able to top up .
5)Since the goodybag upgrade I don't need or use the always on (although I'm still an advocate of it for others)...the always on needs further idiot proofing. (For want of a better term )as it's still has loopholers who miss important info .

Jay
Message 11 of 29
by: riikka_gg
handy giff-staffer

on: 16/01/2019 | 17:28
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience @gizzblue ! Great to hear your thoughts on always on as well.

Was it clear to you that you wanted to start a new goodybag early when you ran out? Or did you consider other options as well? Did you ever find it inconvenient that you had to wait to go below a certain amount of data before you were able to start a new goodybag?
giffgaff Product Designer
Message 12 of 29
by: gizzblue
on: 16/01/2019 | 17:38 edited: 16/01/2019 | 17:46

@riikka_gg
I was clear about starting a goody bag early .
Never really considered other options tbh .
Ive always thought it as perfectly convienient to start a new goody bag early imho .👍...it's set up is great to wait until a certain level before new one starts .

Jay

Message 13 of 29
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 16/01/2019 | 18:44 edited: 16/01/2019 | 18:51

I had this a couple of days ago when after nearly 8 yrs on gg Smiley Surprisedi managed to run out of data a couple of days before my due date .

@riikka_gg

Was real pain trying to get on via mobile without data , the pages were so slow and when got to login and find the page to buy the bag each time i tried to it crashed before i could say yes .

eventually it loaded but if thats what members have to do its reallly bad.

loading with data should be as fast as normal usage , tbh if wasnt a a long term gaffer i could have easily gone of the idea 

[btw sent you a pm ]

green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 14 of 29
Highlighted
by: inspiron42
on: 17/01/2019 | 08:29
There should be a back up system that allows you to start a new goodybag without an internet connection. Using free texts for example.

Also data use should stop when the goodybag runs out, and not use credit.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 29
handy giff-staffer

on: 17/01/2019 | 14:51
Thanks @inspiron42, that's very good feedback!
Message 16 of 29
by: doricom
on: 17/01/2019 | 14:58 edited: 17/01/2019 | 15:07

I agree with @giffgaff20147

Using credit for data without knowing has happened a lot of times to me, and I am always realising it late when a few pounds have been spend.

It would be nice if we could have a way of stopping credit from being used for data, a simple button on account settings would do the job.

A sms informing about that would also be helpful.

If a post has answered your question please click on "Set as Best Answer"
Please give Kudos to any posts you think were helpful or made a good point.
Message 17 of 29
by: doricom
on: 17/01/2019 | 15:19

1. Got an sms from giffgaff saying that I’ve used 80% of my data.

2. Used less data untill the goodybag expires (usually just a few days) and a new one comes up.

3. It happens almost every month but the extra 1GB received from giffgaff makes me feel very happy.

4. Yes - checking the giffgaff app more often to see how much data I have left Smiley Very Happy

If a post has answered your question please click on "Set as Best Answer"
Please give Kudos to any posts you think were helpful or made a good point.
Message 18 of 29
handy giff-staffer

on: 17/01/2019 | 21:20
Hi @bluemoonbaz, great to hear that you've been with us for so long, and I'm really sorry that you had such a bad experience recently! That's definitely not how it should be, we'll look into that. Thanks for sharing!
Message 19 of 29
handy giff-staffer

on: 17/01/2019 | 21:25
Hi @doricom, thanks a lot for sharing! This has been coming up before as you mentioned, we're working on how to solve it.

You said that "A sms informing about that would also be helpful" – do you mean you'd like to get an sms warning before your goodybag is completely out of data? Or have you not received an SMS at all?
Message 20 of 29