Knowledge Base
Community

Dodgy?

Started by: natty_noo
On: 27/12/2018 | 18:04
Replies: 15

by: natty_noo
on: 27/12/2018 | 18:04

Something/someone caught my eye a little while ago, and i'm not sure if it's anything but it just looks a bit dodgy to me.

Asking the same questions over and over and over again, on a rota basis by the looks of it, even though they actually give other people the answers to the same questions they're asking.

When is the points statement due, how do i get payback, how do i turn off voicemail, porting my number, top ups, voucher top ups, goodybags, etc, but over and over again, sometimes only days between the exact same question. All these questions even though they've been posting for just over 2 years. It just doesn't look right to me.

Over 200 questions in all. Is it dodgy, or just weird? Does it need reporting or am i reading too much into it?

Message 1 of 16
by: endorphin
on: 27/12/2018 | 18:10

Hi @natty_noo it does sound suspicious so you should report them to an educator. The ed can then investigate so you don't have to fret.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 16
by: joolzian
on: 27/12/2018 | 18:13

Just report it .If it's dodgy they well get sorted if not, no harm done.

Message 3 of 16
on: 27/12/2018 | 18:17
@endorphin

Thank you. I wasn't sure if asking questions could be gaming the system in any way, that's why i thought i'd ask out here without naming anyone, obviously.

Can it be classed as gaming though? I guess every post garners payback in some way, so i suppose the answer is probably yes Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 16
by: endorphin
on: 27/12/2018 | 18:26

@natty_noo as no-one knows exactly what earns them payback then I wouldn't be surprised if people try various strategies in order to try and earn themselves more payback. In any case their behaviour is at least disruptive and obviously disingenuous (if they know the answers to some of the questions they're asking).

An Ed should decide whether their behaviour is permissible.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 5 of 16
on: 27/12/2018 | 18:35
I've reported it @endorphin , the decision is theirs now.
Message 6 of 16
by: giffgaff20147
on: 27/12/2018 | 19:59 edited: 27/12/2018 | 20:19

@natty_noo

Wrote I've reported it, the decision is theirs now.

and ritely so 

Message 7 of 16
by: frenchielove
on: 28/12/2018 | 07:18

Good on you @natty_noo I would trust your instincts 

Message 8 of 16
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 01/01/2019 | 14:41

@natty_noo to be honest as i post mostly from my phone via the app i dont go on H&S section much so cant say i have noticed but ur prob right maybe things like that should be reported.

On a side note unrelated cant wait for the new app hope its more user friendly so i can post and help more in H&S section in future

I hate the fact right now we dont have ability to copy url links in current app and i cant upload screenshots via the android app.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 16
by: kath72
on: 01/01/2019 | 17:20

@natty_noo I’m curious to know what the educators response was ... just so I know if we should be reporting this sort of thing 

Message 10 of 16