Community

[ERROR] Ask an agent links not working on Chrome browser

Started by: figment_uk
On: 18/07/2018 | 11:25
Replies: 7

by: figment_uk
on: 18/07/2018 | 11:25

@antonlg

For the last few days, clicking on any of the links to AaA posted by @roxy_r in this thread using the latest Chrome browser results in a '400 Bad request' error.  The links work fine in other browsers.

Screen shot below:

aaa.png

Anyone else with the same browser getting the same?

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 1 of 8
by: antonlg
community giff-staffer

on: 18/07/2018 | 13:18 edited: 18/07/2018 | 13:19

All of them are working on my computer with Chrome... curious if anyone has the same issue.

Message 2 of 8
community giff-staffer

on: 18/07/2018 | 13:20
Actually, @figment_uk, I saw that from time to time on my browser. It seems to be related to cache/cookies. After I deleted them and log out/log in everything worked ok.
Message 3 of 8
on: 18/07/2018 | 13:36

@antonlg

Cleared cache.  Cleared the 5 cookies shown below relating to support2.giffgaff.com.  Closed and restarted browser.  Same results.

cookies.png

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 8
on: 18/07/2018 | 13:56

@antonlg

Deleted all other (100+) giffgaff-related cookies, and the links now work, which begs the question why do cookies that are not related to the support channel interfere with its operation?

Message 5 of 8
by: as7861
on: 18/07/2018 | 13:58
Hi @figment_uk @antonlg

I have faced the issue with the latest chrome, it did work in the past but seems to be something chrome has now that didn't have.

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
community giff-staffer

on: 18/07/2018 | 14:16
It's a tricky one, I don't have yet an answer on this but I'll re-raise this. It might be a specific cookie doing funny things from time to time.

It might depend on the session as well. I'll try next time to restart the computer and check if that impacts in any way.
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
by: as7861
on: 18/07/2018 | 15:31
Hi @figment_uk

I just tried erasing the browser history, cache, and the cookies. It helped me get on agent page by doing this.

I deleted everything it might be something that was missed when individually deleting giffgaff cookies.
- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 8