[ERROR] RLAH text message has incorrect information

Started by: figment_uk
On: 21/06/2018 | 18:03
Replies: 2

by: figment_uk
on: 21/06/2018 | 18:03

@antonlg

A member has reported receiving the following from giffgaff today:

"Hello, due to previous behaviour which goes against our fair use guidelines we can’t offer you roaming as part of your goody bag while in the EU and selected destinations. You’ll be charged 3.2p/min 1p/text and 0.78pMB "

The charge for data is wrong - it should be 0.6p/MB

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 1 of 3
by: antonlg
community giff-staffer

on: 22/06/2018 | 09:38
Thank, @figment_uk. We're looking into it and I'll come with an update as soon as I have one / it's resolved.

Should be 0.6p indeed.
Message 2 of 3
by: frpc
on: 22/06/2018 | 11:10

@antonlg @figment_uk That message is wrong on so many levels. Do we know if it is an sms and/or email?

○ For a start it does not inform the member         that when your goody bag expires you are         subject to UK paygo rates (apart from               International calls outside the EU & Selected

Destinations)

○ Here in the UK if we get accused of                   something we naively believe we should           know what rules have been transgressed?

○ Taking money for a goodybag which can be      used in the UK but not in the EU goes                against  the spirit of RLAH.

○ The message does not advise the member 

of any right of appeal.

○ in the UK the sending of multiple sms leads 

to suspension!  Can we assume this 

transgression related instead to calls as 

data use in the EU has a seperate fair use 

rule.

○ We know that the preferential rate for data 

use in the EU was lowered from 0.78p MB

to 0.6p but do we know categorically that 

the EU lowered breach of data fair use, 

rates to 0.6p?