[ERRORS] Number transfer form

Started by: figment_uk
On: 11/02/2018 | 10:28
Replies: 6

by: figment_uk
on: 11/02/2018 | 10:28

https://giffgaff.com/support/transfer

There are two errors on the number transfer form:

1. The FAQ section at the top of the page has been repeated.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 10.21.24.jpg

2. The form allows non-transfer days to be selected from the calendar (reported previously):

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 10.24.34.jpg

Join giffgaff during May 2019 for a chance to win goodies worth around £2500. Order a SIM now using the link below

Message 1 of 7
by: harrrrrry
on: 11/02/2018 | 11:34

@figment_uk

Curiously, I'm not seeing the doouble FAQ.

It's also not just non-transfer days that need to be disabled. Currently it's offering Monday 12th to be selected. Yes, that is a transfer day, but it's too late to be selecting it now.

But with Easter coming up, giffgaff needs to urgently check that Good Friday and Easter Monday cannot be selected, as well as weekends -- and also needs to prevent selection of the Tuesday when the form is used after 3pm on Thursday.

A calendar widget probably isn't appropriate for this selection if it cannot be programmed to not show unavailable days.

I'm sure this used to be done with a dropdown picker, which is easier to control -- days that are not put in the dropdown cannot be selected.

But above all, the transfer form needs a very clear warning:

DO NOT START YOUR NUMBER TRANSFER UNTIL YOU HAVE FULLY TESTED YOUR SIM IN YOUR PHONE
AND CONFIRMED IT IS ABLE TO MAKE AND RECEIVE CALLS

I'd suggest it goes immediately above Number you'd like to keep so that there's little chance of missing it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 7
by: endorphin
on: 11/02/2018 | 18:25 edited: 11/02/2018 | 18:26

I'm not seeing the duplicated FAQ's section either (Firefox 58.0.2 on Windows 10).

However I agree that unavailable dates should not be selectable from the calendar/drop down list. This would reduce the number of help topics regarding "Why hasn't my number transferred?".

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 3 of 7
by: rqt
on: 11/02/2018 | 22:14

It certainly would be good if giffgaff could sort all this out, although I think @harrrrrry will be disappointed at Easter. I can't remember ever noticing any public holiday that wasn't selectable as an impossible transfer day - but giffgaff's IT just never seem to learn.

Message 4 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 12/02/2018 | 19:04

@antonlg

Has this issue been logged?

Join giffgaff during May 2019 for a chance to win goodies worth around £2500. Order a SIM now using the link below

Message 5 of 7
by: harrrrrry
on: 12/02/2018 | 23:18 edited: 12/02/2018 | 23:45

rqt:

I think @harrrrrry will be disappointed at Easter. I can't remember ever noticing any public holiday that wasn't selectable as an impossible transfer day - but giffgaff's IT just never seem to learn.

It's not that difficult to produce code to determine valid available dates -- in fact I've just done it (despite being very rusty on date arithmetic):

Untitled-2.jpg

Tbat's a static image above, but there's a semi-functional version at http://artsinherts.co.uk/giffTransfer/giffTransfer.html

"Real" holidays are included up to end of 2019 if you scroll down -- not that I'm suggesting we should actually show that many on the form.

The code is available at https://jsfiddle.net/ha6ry/L7dheau0/6/ for anybody interested, though the click doesn't actually work in the jsfiddle version.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: sloz
on: 13/02/2018 | 01:21 edited: 13/02/2018 | 01:22
Message 7 of 7