Knowledge Base
Community

Edit Needed: Order Your Free (giffgaff) Sim

Started by: jaymailsays
On: 01/09/2018 | 14:27
Replies: 11

by: jaymailsays
on: 01/09/2018 | 14:27 edited: 01/09/2018 | 14:55

Just noticed, when you select order my sim only (without goodybag) in mobile view, you get taken to the give your details page:-

"At least 93% of orders will be delivered the next day"

The sales patter is without a disclaimer, to take account of delays at weekends and Bank Holidays.

https://giffgaff.com/free-sim-cards

You will have to be logged out to reach this sim order page from here.

It looks as though at one time, one of the asterisks* may have referred to Next working day. but not any more?

Looks like this:-

Your details

Order your free SIM before 5.00pm to get next day delivery**. It's that simple.

**At least 93% of orders will be delivered the next day.

First name

Last name

Email

Address

Type your address to search

You accept our terms and conditions and privacy policy by clicking below.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 12
by: ujo55
on: 01/09/2018 | 15:10
There are many complaints about this in H&S.
In reality SIMs seem generally to take 3 - 5 days from order to delivery from what I have seen.
Message 2 of 12
on: 01/09/2018 | 15:53

@ujo55 Think delivery can vary depending on your location and distance from London. I have received next  working day delivery but others don't.  

My flagging of this particular sim order page is to point out that ordering on a friday at 6pm will probably not see delivery to tuesday or later, of the following week.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
on: 01/09/2018 | 17:13
@jaymailsays
the point I am making is 2 fold:
I don't believe that anything like 93% of SIMs are even dispatched within 1 day or even 1 working day.
As the SIMs are sent 1st class post and not tracked GG have no idea when they are delivered.
As this claim cannot be substantiated by GG it should not be made in my opinion, even with the next working day addition.
There are so many good points about GG why don't they concentrate on these rather than making claims which at best cannot be substantiated. It doesn't enhance their reputation.
Message 4 of 12
on: 01/09/2018 | 17:35

@ujo55 I am sure like most companies do, they might sample order through mystery shoppers and of course ultimately they can see what percentage that are ordered on day 1 get activated/sim-swapped on day 2 or 3 etc.

They can audit what percentage leave the dispatch building, the same day, Royal Mail are in control of the delivery process and Royal Mail claim  93% next working day target deivery upto 96%.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: allan1954
on: 02/09/2018 | 09:22

@ujo55 giffgaff sent out a sim card and the person got it the following day here's the proof. 

rdered Name Activated Type Activation code SIM type
02/08/2018 Iain 03/08/2018
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: isabel1066
on: 02/09/2018 | 09:54
@jaymailsays i have just looked in my recruits box and i can confirm that a lady clicked my banner and received the sim card the following day and activated it.so well done giffgaff.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 12
by: ashleybristoluk
on: 02/09/2018 | 10:12

There few complaints about it.

When I order my sims last month I get it 3 days not next day delivery. Very poor I am in Bristol 

Message 8 of 12
on: 02/09/2018 | 10:38
I've never stated that giffgaff never achieve next day delivery, but I do question the accuracy and relevance of the figure.
My own experience has been the delivery of the SIMs typically 3 working days from order, which to me was not a problem - I was quite happy with that.
However there are frequent complaints in H&S about late delivery of SIMs, where the member is informed the next day delivery, which they have been led to expect, applies only to phones and that SIMs take 3 - 4 days - as per my experience coincidentally!
Typically they are further advised if a SIM is required quickly to buy one from a shop.

So by giffgaff stating anyone ordering a SIM can almost certainly expect to receive it the next day, when it doesn't arrive members feel let down.
On the other hand if they were given to expect to receive it in 3 - 4 working days, most would find this perfectly acceptable, and indeed then be impressed if it arrived earlier.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

So making this c
Message 9 of 12
on: 02/09/2018 | 13:57

isabel1066 wrote:

i have just looked in my recruits box and i can confirm that a lady clicked my banner and received the sim card the following day and activated it.so well done giffgaff.

@isabel1066 As Aristotle said, 'One Swallow does not a summer make'

https://tamebay.com/2018/02/royal-mail-miss-1st-and-hit-2nd-class-post-targets-in-q3.html

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 12