Community

Email for Charity Vote.

Started by: natty_noo
On: 10/12/2018 | 15:29
Replies: 17

by: ujo55
on: 10/12/2018 | 16:57
Hi @woodyuk
No sign of the goodwill fund payment for me either - worried that my round the world cruise in i peril. I am sure that if my mobile data had been working I would have secured a very lucrative consultancy deal - but then I think that everyday!
Message 11 of 18
by: kath72
on: 10/12/2018 | 17:12
Yeah I’m still waiting on the compensation one too (gotbtye charity vote one last week)
I really need my compensation because it’s going to pay for me to post half a Christmas card, with the change from funding my trip into space, the competition for which I couldn’t enter cos I had no data

Seriously though I’m glad the charity emails are through for you all
Message 12 of 18
by: ujo55
on: 10/12/2018 | 17:27
Being serious a moment.
We know giffgaff have a restriction on the number of e-mails they can send per day, that is the reason t_will started the consultation to ask us to agree that the early payment of credit should be cancelled this year, as they had had to delay the charity vote due to lack of e-mail capacity.
Even the payback points statements seem to be processed over a couple of days.
So it certainly came as a surprise when they said they would e-mail approximately 1.5 million members to provide the link to claim a slice of the goodwill fund for those who considered they had been significantly effected.
It will surely take many days to achieve this during which time frustration will grow as will people's expectations I fear.

Message 13 of 18
by: b_richards
on: 10/12/2018 | 18:03
I received both emails this afternoon.

Voted for Maggie's and the refund to go into the charity pot.
Message 14 of 18
by: thunderdragon
on: 10/12/2018 | 20:02
Hey @natty_noo! :-)
The outage e-mail came through just before I left my inbox earlier on. I think I might have received the charity vote one at some point, but because lack of Lithium support for images based on Ubuntu 10 I have to use a different OS (Mint 18,04) for GiffGaff so can't be here and in my e-mail at the same time. Smiley Indifferent
Because switching between them involves a reboot and I only use non-persistent operating systems, I can't preserve data, e-mails or bookmarks across sessions. Smiley Surprised

@t_will @woodyuk: I've been meaning to raise the issue that items and links referenced in e-mails are never to be found anywhere in my GiffGaff account, and because I'm very wary about clicking links in e-mails (It's the no.1 cause of malware spreads for five years running, after all!) if I'm sent a link in an e-mail I usually log-in to my account from a freshly-booted instance and reasonably expect that link to be accessible from somewhere in my account pages - This lets me verify the e-mail and link as genuine and safe to visit.
Given I've never been able to find the Charity voting pages, can you please tell me where I should be looking and consider adding a direct link from the Account Dashboard, please? Smiley Happy

Many thanks in advance, and looking forward to finally finding out where all the voting links keep hiding! Smiley Happy
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 15 of 18
by: woodyuk
on: 10/12/2018 | 20:47

@thunderdragon the only way to access the charity voting page is via the link in the email unfortunately.

The page is hosted at surveys.info.giffgaff.com with a unique code for each member contained in the suffix of the URL so there's no way to find it from your account pages.

Message 16 of 18
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 10/12/2018 | 21:05

@natty_noo no problem 

Tbh not too bothered about the compensation email , they can just add to the charity pot 

green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
by: thunderdragon
on: 10/12/2018 | 21:58
WoodyUK wrote:
ThunderDragon the only way to access the charity voting page is via the link in the email unfortunately.
The page is hosted at surveys.info.giffgaff.com with a unique code for each member contained in the suffix of the URL so there's no way to find it from your account pages.
Cheers for the info there, @woodyuk...And it's rather unfortunate that GG have decided on this method. For those of us who won't click on links in e-mails (Note what I said above about malware spreading) this means we have to view the mail source, extract the UID from the link (Which includes manually decoding Quoted-Printable to URL-compliant characters) and then set those aside for use after restarting in a different OS! Smiley Surprised Smiley Indifferent

With a few posts tonight suggesting to me this might be the case, I've Tabled a Suggestion just now which seeks to address this problem by adding a "Members Inbox" feature to the Account Dashboard. Smiley Happy
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 18 of 18