Knowledge Base
Community

FACEBOOK HACKERS HAVE TRIED TO BLOCK MY PHONE BE CAREFUL!

Started by: sarayvonneevans
On: 02/12/2017 | 06:45
Replies: 3

by: sarayvonneevans
on: 02/12/2017 | 06:45

Hello Everyone

PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE

I am 40 and still an avid giff gaffer.  I have thousands of connections on LinkedIn for work and only 423 on Facebook as i am very private in my personal life.

I have been hacked on facebook like most others already.  Last night I recieved messages from 'GIFF GAFF' saying i had blocked my phone and ordered a new sim!

This is a new hacking scam! I had a text message with a link (don't click!!!!!!) telling me to click on this link to secure my password. 

Please be aware, it looked so genuine in a way however it was obvious to me as GIFF GAFF only send messages in the same way, always and forever.

I am older so i noticed something fishy about it.

Best thing to do is ignore it. reboot if nessecary.

Thank you for reading my message. xx Sara

Message 1 of 4
by: endorphin
on: 02/12/2017 | 10:16

Thanks for the warning @sarayvonneevans

Can you please copy and paste the message here please so we can examine it including the address behind the link if possible?

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 4
by: extreme_one
on: 02/12/2017 | 19:38

Thanks for the warning.

I can't help laughing at this though

"have thousands of connections on LinkedIn for work and only 423 on Facebook as i am very private"

I must be a recluse then if a 'very private' person only has 423 contacts of Facebook.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 4
by: 4quarrybank
on: 03/12/2017 | 13:18

I use different passwords for each site, so at least if one is hacked the others not effected

Message 4 of 4