Knowledge Base
Community

Feedback on my Lab idea

Started by: hatee15
On: 06/10/2018 | 22:37
Replies: 8

by: hatee15
on: 06/10/2018 | 22:37

Okay so here's my idea let me know what you think..

So at the moment when you begin to run out if data you get a text which is similar to '''just a quick heads up you have used 95% of your data" now I don't know if its just me but when I get a message like this i immediately go to the giffgaff website to check how much I have left, using more data! So my idea is really simple, when you get a text telling you that you are short on texts, data or calls it should also come with the amount that you have left e.g.

"Just a quick heads up

you have 100MB of data remaining"

Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 9
by: harrrrrry
on: 06/10/2018 | 23:55

@hatee15

There's a few things to consider here.

One of them is that when you go to the dashboard to check your goodybag contents, the data comes from giffgaff.com and is non-chargeable data, whether or not you have credit. If you stray into the forums, you might use a small amount of data because the text of the forums is free but there may be user-embedded images on non-giffgaff sites which you would have to pay for.

There's no harm in giffgaff telling you that extra information of course. But if you've used 80% of a 100MB goodybag, it most members would know they have 20MB left. But then, if  you don't read the mesage for 2 hours and you've been watching War and Peace in between, it doesn't really matter what giffgaff tells you because most of it could be already gone.

So it may help some people, but I'd guess that most of them will still head for the dashboard to confirm it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 9
by: giffgaff20147
on: 07/10/2018 | 09:37

@hatee15

I don’t think there is any need you get warned when used 80% so you already know what’s left ,

from that point members know to keep checking there dashboard or dial 43430

there are very few cases on help section where members complain about running out so  things seem to be ok as they are 

sorry not for me 

Message 3 of 9
by: endorphin
on: 07/10/2018 | 11:26

Hi @hatee15 whilst it's a neat idea, firstly, as already mentioned, accessing your giffgaff dashboard is free and does not use any of your data allowance.

Secondly you can install a data counter app which will immediately tell you how much you have used/remaining. You can also setup your own warning threshold(s) which would be more informative.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 4 of 9
by: mcilwraith
on: 07/10/2018 | 11:50

don`t see any difference myself.the 80% warning seems sufficient to me

Message 5 of 9
by: holier_than_thou
on: 07/10/2018 | 14:35
I think most people can work out what they've got left when they're told they've used 80% of their data. Well they should do anyway!
Message 6 of 9
by: pete2009
on: 07/10/2018 | 21:23

Hi

I personally find the current system fine however I can see it may be useful to others.

Cheers

Message 7 of 9
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 08/10/2018 | 12:23

@hatee15 good idea agree with you

Whilst i agree with others about checking my dashboard i dont see what the big issue is in updating the texts we recieve with the additional information

Should be easy for giffgaff to implement.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
by: bill48er
on: 10/10/2018 | 23:25

One of the issues with using your dashboard to check usage is that it is not real time.

So it's likely that the figures you see are already out of date.

However, if it is technically simple and easy to do, then I see no reason why the remaining amount of data can not be included in the heads up message.

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 9 of 9