Community

Forum - users online

Started by: geekonthepc
On: 10/04/2010 | 22:48
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: geekonthepc
on: 10/04/2010 | 22:48

A minute bug I know, but I have reason to believe that the users online feature is incorrect.

It seems to always show me as the only member online, and I am not entirely sure why. It says x number of guests but never anyone else online.

Anybody getting a similar problem?

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. Smiley Happy

That little star on the left can make my day Smiley Happy. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: ragnorak
on: 14/04/2010 | 00:06

If you click on "View all" it may give you a better idea of who else is online.
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/forums/usersonlinepage

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff Robot wink
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.
Top 3 things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
Message 7 of 9
by: peeter
on: 10/04/2010 | 23:02

Yes - I've noticed exactly the same thing.

Whenever I'm on, even though I know for sure that other members are also on, it only ever shows me and a bunch of guests.

Message 2 of 9
by: jonmd
on: 10/04/2010 | 23:36

Agreed, I always seem to be the only member online, LOL. Only a minor issue, though.

If you find the information above useful, please click the star to the left to give me kudos
Message 3 of 9
by: andy0
on: 11/04/2010 | 02:05 edited: 11/04/2010 | 02:19

Different forums set a different time to show people still online since their last action. I've seen 10, 15, 30, 60, 120 minutes.

I suspect on this one is 5 or even less, but I don't think it matters that much. I have seen other usernames shown briefly though.

Message 4 of 9
by: ncampbell
on: 11/04/2010 | 11:42

We will have our man Vince look into this for you! I'm sure his book of tricks will have an answer!

Nigel Campbell
giffgaff Advisor

Yes..I'm here to Help!!...

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
Message 5 of 9
on: 11/04/2010 | 18:02

Thanks Smiley Happy 

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. Smiley Happy

That little star on the left can make my day Smiley Happy. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
by: ragnorak
on: 14/04/2010 | 00:06

If you click on "View all" it may give you a better idea of who else is online.
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/forums/usersonlinepage

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff Robot wink
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.
Top 3 things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
Message 7 of 9
on: 14/04/2010 | 16:23

Awesome thanks.

Message 8 of 9
by: peterb
on: 14/04/2010 | 23:21
I thought that aswell untill I clicked view all then it showd more people online
Social Media Marketing, Music Production, Design & GFX http://www.RealPeterBruce.com
Message 9 of 9