Knowledge Base
Community

GIFFGAFF NEEDS TO GET WITH IT AND GIVE FREE EU ROAMING

Started by: raymondlight
On: 06/08/2016 | 07:46
Replies: 21

by: raymondlight
on: 06/08/2016 | 07:46

Why is giffgaff not offering it's customers FREE EU roaming like many of its competitors?

Tesco, 3,EE are all offering FREE EU roaming, so why doesn't Giffgaff do the same?

If you are on 3, EE,Tesco you can use your minutes and data allowance as if you were in the UK.

My son left Giffgaff and moved to 3,and he is really happy with their service. He just returned from Spain where he was able to use his unlimited data and 500 minutes package as if he was in the UK.

Imagine walking around in Spain and using your data allowance and not having to pay a penny,and being able to call home for FREE. 

I'm seriously considering leaving Giffgaff. Why stay with a network that doesn't offer this when others are ??????

Message 1 of 22
by: mcilwraith
on: 06/08/2016 | 08:54

that old chestnut

this has been discussed to death on here

Message 2 of 22
by: raymondlight
on: 06/08/2016 | 08:56
Well I haven't seen it before. So I wanted to make point. If it has been discussed many times before on here by customers then why are giffgaff not doing anything about it?
Message 3 of 22
by: zagzig
on: 06/08/2016 | 13:09 edited: 06/08/2016 | 13:15

@raymondlight, I agree with you. I think that it's a shame that giffgaff haven't included EU roaming on goodybags. I have a friend who got a Three PAYG SIM especially for traveling to the USA, and was charged Three's ordinary domestic rates to make calls to the UK and to use data. (You have to buy a PAYG add-on to get the domestic rates.) Whereas we have to pay extra even in France, our nearest neighbour.

Message 5 of 22
by: gem925
on: 06/08/2016 | 13:21

The thing that gets me, is that the data you can use when abroad.. even though you gotta pay, it works

Message 6 of 22
by: jtemplar
on: 06/08/2016 | 13:21

raymondlight wrote:

If you are on 3, EE,Tesco you can use your minutes and data allowance as if you were in the UK

Could you provide a link to where EE say 'you can use your minutes and data allowance as if you were in the UK'?

Message 7 of 22
by: davidj63
on: 06/08/2016 | 14:35

Which price would you like them to increase to re-balance their budget?  From the number of UK citizens with neither passport nor driving licence, it would seem that a significant proportion of giffaff users would lose out if UK prices were increased to compensate.

Message 8 of 22
by: rqt
on: 06/08/2016 | 14:46 edited: 06/08/2016 | 14:47

I am sure that all the UK networks are eagerly waiting to find out just how soon those pesky UE bureaucrats will have no more jurisdiction over their activities so that they can restore their roaming profits back to previous levels.

In the mean time expecting giffgaff to reduce their roaming rates any further than they absolutely have to is, in my opinion, rather silly.

Message 9 of 22
by: chelseamaniac
on: 06/08/2016 | 15:48

Got a 3 sim coming to try when I am in spain if I like the network and the 4g speeds are good I may say goodbye giffgaff

Message 10 of 22