Community

Giff Gaff Becoming Less Useful For Me :(

Started by: holytrojan
On: 16/09/2015 | 22:10
Replies: 29

by: holytrojan
on: 16/09/2015 | 22:10

Hello All,

I am just popping on to express how my journey with Giff Gaff has evolved over time and unfortunately is getting to the point where I am having to start looking elsewhere for a good deal.

I first heard of Giff Gaff from Money Saving Expert with its £12 a month goodybags for unlimited texts and data plus I beleive it was 250-500 minutes of phone calls plus free calls to other Giff Gaff users.

This was excelent value for money and I was happy to promote this network to others.

Since then Unlimited data was taken off those on my goddybag selection and given only to those who had been on the £15 version prior to the change. I had to upgrade to the £15 goodybag to get 500 minutes (of which i've only ever reached this limit once during a family crisis) when my normal usage is less than 200 minutes a month and to get 5GB of data.

This limit I could just about stick to data wise, although I did have to renew my goodybag early several times to get more data.

Now for my £15 I am losing an extra GB of data and gaining 500 minutes...unless of course I upgrade my goodybag yet further. Needless to say Giff Gaff is looking less and less able to cater for how I choose to use my mobile phone.

This is a shame as I have enjoyed Giff Gaffs service, however as a provider it is starting to lose its 'this is a good deal' vibe and is gradually becoming more grasping. Indeed as I understand things the next to go is the free calls to other Giff Gaff users in November, why then should I plug it to my friends? As such I will have to start checking just how competitve Giff Gaff is compared to other providers.

Whilst I am here obviously complaining, I would hope that the powers that be here pay attention to some constructive feedback. Your data packages attracted new custom, the more that is cut back on and prices increased the fewer recommendations you have and ultimately some customers may start looking elsewhere.

I would like to see a goodybag option for those who rarely use their mintues and texts but have high data needs.

Thanks

Message 1 of 30
by: catmad2015
on: 16/09/2015 | 22:17
Ya mite use for while yet don't give up on giffgaff..
Message 2 of 30
by: ragingwhisky
on: 16/09/2015 | 22:19

I second this.

I find myself barely scratching 150 minutes used most months - but I rely on having data bandwidth when out on the road each week.

If GiffGaff had a £15 alternative that reduced the minutes to 250 but upped the data to "Always On" or "8GB" etc for 4G - it would be a far more compelling alternative - even to 200 or 150 minutes if it meant keeping costs.

Message 3 of 30
by: davejybandit
on: 16/09/2015 | 22:20

Many members would like More Data cheap. The truth is that O2/giffgaff can't supply Unlimited data anymore.

Data is a finite resource and it seems that O2's bandwidth is about the smallest of the networks. Selling limited data plans is more sustainable because members are forced to use less, rather than pay for what they actually use which would be very expensive.

I'm not defending giffgaff, just telling it like it is, I brought all my Family to giffgaff and now I'm slowly finding them other deals with other networks according to their needs, Three moved out from giffgaff so far.

Message 4 of 30
by: rashad198
on: 16/09/2015 | 22:20
I want the same more data less minutes for a reasonable price
Message 5 of 30
by: wyvernred
on: 17/09/2015 | 02:04
There doesn't seem to be a happy medium between more data usage and less minutes
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 30
by: phillsibson
on: 17/09/2015 | 02:21

holytrojan wrote:

Indeed as I understand things the next to go is the free calls to other Giff Gaff users in November, why then should I plug it to my friends?

Hi,

Did I miss something? Have giffgaff said anything about changing the terms/tariffs?

Last time anything changed, we all got to express our preferences and as a result, there is more choice of minutes & data.

Its a shame that what we have no longer fits your needs, hope you find something more suitable on one of the other networks with coverage in your area.

Message 7 of 30
by: figment_uk
on: 17/09/2015 | 07:21

holytrojan wrote:

Hello All,

<snip>

Indeed as I understand things the next to go is the free calls to other Giff Gaff users in November, why then should I plug it to my friends?

<snip>

@holytrojan

May I ask where you got this information please?

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 8 of 30
by: holytrojan
on: 17/09/2015 | 08:09
The information about free gg to gg calls ending in November is on my giffgaff app. It's a message at the bottom of one of the pages.
Message 9 of 30
by: rqt
on: 17/09/2015 | 08:26 edited: 17/09/2015 | 08:28

Your free giffgaff calls end in November because that's 3 months from your last "new money" top up - just like everyone elses'e. If you top up (or buy a goodybag) in September you will find that your free giffgaff-giffgaff calls then expire in December.

Message 10 of 30