Knowledge Base
Community

GiffGaff run by...

Started by: kings92003
On: 27/11/2018 | 12:32
Replies: 7

by: kings92003
on: 27/11/2018 | 12:32

Here is a copy of a chat with giffgaff... Cant believe it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you have asked is simply not possible, therefore cannot be done.

If you would like to put this forward, you can do this on our community site. Your view might be noticed and giffgaff could potentially take this on board. You can do this here:

If you would like to make a complaint, you can do this here:
I do apologise for this John, I hope you can understand that I am here to advise, I do not have any information for you as to why this is the way things are done.

Kind regards,
Aaron at giffgaff.

27 Nov 2018 11:37 
This is really silly. I have used REAL MONEY TO PAY INTO THE BALANCE, not monopoly game money, not some choc cookies !!!
So, let me be clear so ANYONE CAN UNDERSTAND what I'm after.
I want automatically each month to renew my £7.50 bag and paid for it from the balance I have uploaded at the beginning with my debit card using real money.
What is so difficult about this simple request? I'm getting the impression that this system is designed by nitwits...

Aaron Mc from the giffgaff team

27 Nov 2018 11:28 
Hi John, my name is Aaron.

Thank you for your e-mail today.

Sorry to hear this, let me see what has happened.

As you wish for your recurring to be turned off so that you do not endure these monthly charges, I have gone ahead and removed the recurring from your account, I can assure you that these charges will not happen again, please not that the recurring goodybag cannot be paid for with airtime credit, this must be done by VISA, or DEBIT card I'm afraid. 

You can now go ahead and do what you have asked for:

The next time you purchase a goodybag when you have an active goodybag, this will be added as a queued goodybag. This means that you can pay for it from your airtime balance, and this will then be queued for when your active goodybag runs out, therefore you are paying by your airtime credit and not having to pay from your bank account.

You must do this each month if you wish for this to happen.

I would just like to reassure you that you will absolutely not be charged fro any recurring goodybags again from your bank account. I promise you this.

Kind regards, 
Aaron from the giffgaff team.

27 Nov 2018 09:28 
Hi
I have to say that your menu is a bit of a mess. I have disabled automatic top up, but still when my goodybag finish and new one starts - new payment is taken from my card !!!
Why do you think I have paid in say £40 instead of £7.50? 
Well, to avoid the card being charged every month...
So, what I need is very simple and you should get this menu updated to make it easier to select what I need.
What I need? I just want to be paying my monthly goodybag from the balance which currently stands at £35.02

So, please modify the settings to apply this and BLOCK AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS ON MONTHLY BASIS AS IT JUST HAPPENED TODAY !!!

Message 1 of 8
by: persco
on: 27/11/2018 | 12:58

Hi @kings92003 I understand your frustration and you are not the first to ask for goodybag recur from airtime credit but giffgaff simply don’t support that at the moment. There are lots of ideas along those lines in labs if you want to support any of them with a vote and comment and hopefully giffgaff implement that. See one like that here https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16711461/recurring-with-airtime-credit

What the agent said was right. Goodybag recur only comes from a bank card linked to your account and advice they gave is right that is, you can queue x2 goodybags from your balance. By either dialing 43420 option 2 from your phone or following instructions in this link

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/Can-I-buy-a-goodybag-gigabag-with-my-existing...

That works just like goodybag recur just that you have to do it before a current goodybag expires and that’s what I do sometimes when I know my usage is going to vary in coming months so I have the option to change to whichever one I want. So there are advantages to queueing a goodybag. And sometimes I prefer that to recur. 

Give that a try. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 27/11/2018 | 13:40

@kings92003 this is not possible at the momment however @persco pointed out there is a lab idea that you can vote for if it gains enough support giffgaff may implement the idea in the future.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: endorphin
on: 27/11/2018 | 15:56

Hi @kings92003 sorry but you never have been able to buy recurring goodybags using your airtime credit balance.

However you can buy singly yourself - please see this guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/Can-I-buy-a-goodybag-gigabag-with-my-existing-... - note that you have to cancel your recurring goodybags first https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/How-can-I-change-my-recurring-goodybag/ta-p/5130398

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 4 of 8
by: ujo55
on: 27/11/2018 | 16:24
......... telefonica UK
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
by: freedmaniac
on: 27/11/2018 | 19:24

@kings92003

Please do not fall into the trap of thinking that members really do run Giffgaff.

It is ultimately responsible to Telefonica S.A. - probably the largest telecom outfit in all of Spain.

Message 6 of 8
by: tradertall
on: 30/11/2018 | 11:34
i have to agree with the OP on that one ...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 8