Community

Giffgaff - first mistake

Started by: mountainman101
On: 26/03/2010 | 11:32
Replies: 18

Go to best answer
by: mountainman101
on: 26/03/2010 | 11:32

My number ported across, and the first 28p was spent listening to a voicemail from some idiot from Giffgaff ask if my number ported okay.

Not like any other Mobile Operator. Quite right, no one else has every charged me to listen to some pointless message.

Message 1 of 19
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: ncampbell
on: 27/03/2010 | 16:25

Hi mountainman101,

I have checked up on this today from our billing reports and can confirm the 28p charge. This has now been refunded to your account and appologise for the inconvienience caused.Smiley Happy

Nigel Campbell
giffgaff Advisor

Yes..I'm here to Help!!...

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
Message 16 of 19
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 26/03/2010 | 12:06

@mountainman101 wrote:

My number ported across, and the first 28p was spent listening to a voicemail from some idiot from Giffgaff ask if my number ported okay.

Not like any other Mobile Operator. Quite right, no one else has every charged me to listen to some pointless message.

Hi mountainman101,

It's a shame you consider this pointless as we try very hard to make sure our members get a very satisfying experience from giffgaff. That is why we make sure everything went well with the porting of a number and give our members a call to make sure all went as expected.

Listening to your voicemail costs 8p per call, not 28p, so I hope that was a typo, otherwise I would be happy to investigate for you.

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 2 of 19
by: mountainman101
on: 26/03/2010 | 13:32

Well my balance says £9.72 so I make that 28p and I've done is listen to what I thought was a joke - a bumbling irish voice saying that they're phoning to see if it works, and as it's gone to voicemail it must be working. Thanks for that.

Anyway, I'm going back on a contract, but the real question is whether I move my wife and mum onto Giffgaff PAYG. I think that unfortunately the amount of fiddling to get phone, voicemail, SMS and 3G settings working on an ex-O2 handset are too much. I know this will be heresy to the many Giffgaff fans, but it's something you need to hear, as it's what will be keeping a larger audience away.

Message 3 of 19
former giff-staffer

on: 26/03/2010 | 15:26

Hi mountainman101,

I am sorry you feel that way. We've amended the policy for making calls to make sure everything is working as intended after a number transfer. We will not be leaving a message from now on, if someone does not pick up.

I am sorry our approach has impacted you negatively.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Message 4 of 19
by: jermin
on: 26/03/2010 | 18:40

Hey,

If you haven't see it already, it clearly states that giffgaff is in beta mode. It is not surprise if there are few things going the topsy turvy. You have to be patient as this is a new network and mistakes are bound to happen. Be sure that any problems that does occur will be dealt quickly and professionally 

Your GiffGaff Helper
Jermin
Message 5 of 19
by: tony1234
on: 26/03/2010 | 20:03

Yo dude,

Please chill out, man, its only 28p.  Its all about us, anyway!  If enough of us want free voicemail, then they will change it.  How many other phone companies would call you to make sure you are up and running? I think its a great service.  When my contract runs out I'll be joining.

So what about it giffgaff, free voicemail?

Tony

Message 6 of 19
by: jermin
on: 26/03/2010 | 20:37

@tony1234 wrote:

Please chill out, man, its only 28p.  Its all about us, anyway!  

Indeed, it s only 28p. It does seem a lot at first sight, but look at it this way. GiffGaff is giving 50p each for every email you send, so just give an email to a friend, and then all is alirght? And you make a net profit of 22p.. how about that ? Smiley Happy

As for free voicemail, giffgaff has already given us so much, and I think paying for voicemail is a little price to pay for the service we get. Also if voicemail is a big issue, just download Hullomail. Its free and works with almost every phone (including my very old LG F400 Smiley Tongue )

Your GiffGaff Helper
Jermin
Message 7 of 19
former giff-staffer

on: 26/03/2010 | 21:44

Just to be clear, I am investigating the 28p issue and if we are in the wrong, where something went wayward with the billing, obviously a refund would be issued Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
by: daveysludge
on: 27/03/2010 | 01:07

In a similar vein, my mother is getting pestered with pointless texts about not checking her e-mail...

Please stop it - it's annoying and irrelevant anyway as she doesn't have an e-mail account!

micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 9 of 19
by: trick202
on: 27/03/2010 | 13:46

She's getting texts from GG?

------------------------------------------------------
Rich
@trick202
http://gplus.to/trick202
Message 10 of 19