Knowledge Base
Community

Giffgaff graphics

Started by: alexb38
On: 01/07/2010 | 22:05
Replies: 29

by: alexb38
on: 01/07/2010 | 22:05 edited: 01/07/2010 | 22:51

Vincent and I have been talking recently and we've decided it would be a good idea to get giffgaffers involved in the creating/designing of graphics for the giffgaff site and advertising campaigns.

However, we're not quite sure how to implement this. We want to of course maintain giffgaff's quality standard (bad quality images won't do us any favours!), but we also don't want to restrict who can get involved and who can't.

So a few ideas we've come up with include a competition every month, whereby a team of say 5 designers are chosen and will work for GG over the next month, until a new 5 are chosen. However, this requires a lot of people willing to enter competitions every month, which might not be feasible. So we came up with the idea of having a permanent group that only changes according to significant contributions from members of the forum - members wishing to apply would be able to contact someone with a statement saying why they should be considered to join the group.

What are your thoughts? Are we overcomplicating things? Is there a simpler way to do this? What do you think about this idea?

Let us know and we can make it happen. Smiley Happy

aB38

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Message 1 of 30
by: loveabitofpizza
on: 01/07/2010 | 22:15

sounds like a great idea, and even with the 5 main graphiffers, could still get ideas from the forum that could then be merged/implemented by the "pros".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: MWg Zinc II
Message 2 of 30
on: 01/07/2010 | 22:30

Yeah, something along those lines would work well.. maybe a competition to decide who make up the team of 5 people, and then keep everyone on the forums involved by asking for their ideas on projects. That way, people could upload their artwork which may get them recognised and asked to join the team Smiley Wink

haha, a new advertising campaign perhaps?: "The Man doesn't like The Team. At giffgaff, we get our members involved in projects by asking them to design graphics and help with posters like these. Think you could do better? visit www.giffgaff.com' Smiley Very Happy

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Message 3 of 30
by: danielclo1il
on: 01/07/2010 | 22:33

i'd be in for creating the graphics/banners etc, i need to brush up on my photoshop skills Smiley Wink

Thanks
Dann

Message 4 of 30
by: jack17938
on: 01/07/2010 | 22:58

Idea sounds quite good - hmmm..... Man Very Happy

Message 5 of 30
by: heretohelp
on: 02/07/2010 | 13:42

Surely it could be done by freelancing? If Giff Gaff use your banner you become a VIP member?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you hear about the GiffGaffer which had their entire left hand side cut off them?!

They are all right now Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 30
by: jack17938
on: 02/07/2010 | 13:49

@heretohelp wrote:

Surely it could be done by freelancing? If Giff Gaff use your banner you become a VIP member?

I am assuming you mean VIG [very important giffgaffer], it comes with a SIM card, including unlimited calls, texts - I don't know if you get unlimited data on a VIG SIM.

Message 7 of 30
on: 03/07/2010 | 20:34

A VIG prize would be quite a good idea - who's up for this? 

Alex Barnes dotmedotuk
Message 8 of 30
by: rcourtman
on: 06/07/2010 | 18:21

Count me in! I'd love to get involved.

RC

@alexb38 wrote:

Vincent and I have been talking recently and we've decided it would be a good idea to get giffgaffers involved in the creating/designing of graphics for the giffgaff site and advertising campaigns.

However, we're not quite sure how to implement this. We want to of course maintain giffgaff's quality standard (bad quality images won't do us any favours!), but we also don't want to restrict who can get involved and who can't.

So a few ideas we've come up with include a competition every month, whereby a team of say 5 designers are chosen and will work for GG over the next month, until a new 5 are chosen. However, this requires a lot of people willing to enter competitions every month, which might not be feasible. So we came up with the idea of having a permanent group that only changes according to significant contributions from members of the forum - members wishing to apply would be able to contact someone with a statement saying why they should be considered to join the group.

What are your thoughts? Are we overcomplicating things? Is there a simpler way to do this? What do you think about this idea?

Let us know and we can make it happen. Smiley Happy

aB38

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please click the Gold star to the left if you think I've helped =]

HTC Desire
Message 9 of 30
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 08/07/2010 | 10:48

Well it's not really the prizes which are the problem (a VIG sim might be a bit lame), but it the way it's set up which is the issue.

Also, how do you get people involved so you get a more extensive participation.

What should people design? Do we need themes? Does a price always need to be involved or do we simply do it for fun?

Does it always need to be giffgaff related or not?

etc. etc.

Let your mind run free with this one and lets see where we end up Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 10 of 30