Community

Giffgaff has no qualms about scamming it's loyal customers

Started by: hyodirect
On: 17/07/2018 | 06:18
Replies: 18

by: pwei94
on: 17/07/2018 | 07:36

hyodirect wrote:

And, out of curiosity, what's with the need to be a giffgaff apologist? What's in it for you? Brownie points?

probably the same as what is in it for accusing a company of scamming  to make to for not reading information that would have advised you of a price change?

Message 11 of 19
by: k89bpa
on: 17/07/2018 | 13:14 edited: 17/07/2018 | 13:58

I think there is a legal requirement to inform everyone of price changes 30 days before they happen.

If giffgaff are saying that "We posted a message on our forum! That's enough!", then it needs to be looked into.

The problem is I don't know if that applies to PAYG as it does to contracts.

I'd advise raising a case with the agents but I doubt you'll get anything from them.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 12 of 19
by: t_will
community giff-staffer

on: 17/07/2018 | 14:21

I've had the folks check into our email campaigns, and I can confirm that @hyodirect, we emailed you directly on June 11th to let you know that the change was coming and what it would mean for you. The subject line was "We’re boosting your goodybag to 20GB full speed data" - everyone who would be affected by the change was emailed with a message that covered their specific situation.

It's worth checking the email address in your account is up to date and correct, as that's the address we send it to - if it's not one you check regularly then it's worth considering changing it so you don't miss out on these updates.

giffgaff community bloke
I'll be away on a break after the 20th until July 1st. If you need something while I'm away, ask an Educator you know or hit me up next month.
You can send me a message and we'll get rolling. Need a topic? Try here.
Message 13 of 19
by: bigjack57
on: 17/07/2018 | 14:34
Hi ,

Glad to learn that the customer was informed after all - maybe went into spam folder or such like?
Message 14 of 19
by: hyodirect
on: 17/07/2018 | 14:44 edited: 17/07/2018 | 14:46

@t_will, I do not understand why as a service provider you do not send text outs on such a big change. Surely that would be standard procedure?

Especially considering that more or less every single email from giffgaff is filled with junk, just to remind us that the company exists, or a confirmation email when you purchase your goodybag.

I get text outs for things of much less significance: "Get your skates on. Give a friend a giffgaff SIM and you'll grab a £10 bonus credit when they activate."

Now that I have a grasp of the full picture I am feeling a little more content. Just a little stunned that a service provider will not text when they have a relatively dramatic change of scheme, yet will text little promotional bonus's now and then. Perhaps it is something that should be considered?

That said, thank you for your response and clarification.

Message 15 of 19
by: figment_uk
on: 17/07/2018 | 20:53

@hyodirect

giffgaff alway notify by email and/or SMS.

From the announcement about these changes:

2018-07-17_20-38-41.png

and from the Terms and Conditions, which also tell you that changes will be posted on the website:

terms.pngterms2.png

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 16 of 19
by: timwilliams25
on: 18/07/2018 | 08:28

I doubt if an SMS would have allowed enough characters to explain the changes.  This is highly likely why the email only option was taken.

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 17 of 19
on: 19/07/2018 | 11:58
Of course it wouldn't Tim.

I could, however, draft an e.g. of what would work: "In case you didn't know giffgaff are making BIG changes to our bundles. For more information on how you may be affected check: *a short link*"

Really simple.
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
on: 19/07/2018 | 12:00
"...by email or SMS". The person who wrote that seems confused themselves.
Message 19 of 19