Knowledge Base
Community

Giffgaff plans

Started by: hadenbills97
On: 06/02/2018 | 16:14
Replies: 26

by: hadenbills97
on: 06/02/2018 | 16:14

We should have totally unlimted internet useage on the 20 pound goodie bag and not be restricted in speed we should have totally unlimted internet with unlimted speed too All giffgaff Customers Would Benifit From this Garanteed!!!

Haden bills
Message 1 of 27
by: zahra_javid
on: 06/02/2018 | 17:23

hadenbills97 wrote:

We should have totally unlimted internet useage on the 20 pound goodie bag and not be restricted in speed we should have totally unlimted internet with unlimted speed too All giffgaff Customers Would Benifit From this Garanteed!!!

@hadenbills97 agreed but not likely to happen.

Unlimited data plan was stopped in 2015.

I do however wish giffgaff reduce pricing of the goodybags and increase allowances on each goodybag and improve data speeds.

Message 2 of 27
by: k89bpa
on: 06/02/2018 | 17:25
For £20/mo you'll be lucky.

Even Three, the network for heavy data users, only offer 30GB at that price point and even then only on a twelve month contract, it jumps to £25 for one month contracts and payg.

They'll give you 100GB for £27 on a twelve month contract only, or unlimited at £30 a month on a twelve month contract or £35 one monthly and payg.

Outside of Three you're looking at 40GB at ~£40/mo as the highest data allowance, with 20GB maximum being available at the price point you're talking about.

The UK mobile market is improving, but you have to be realistic in your requests/demands, and that means looking at the market and seeing what's available because giffgaff aren't the network to lead the pack on this kind of thing, for that you've gotta look to Three, because they're the ones who would do it it financially viable, but generally speaking, if you want a lot of data you've gotta hand over more money.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 3 of 27
by: munglespoon
on: 06/02/2018 | 17:33
I think all customers would want this, but I don't think that all customers would benefit because when you offer unlimited a few people will abuse it and make the network slow and unresponsive for everyone else. Imagine if the person in your town who is using the same mast as you was using 1GB of bandwidth every day watching Netflix and downloading software and you had a poor service because of that.
Message 4 of 27
by: endorphin
on: 06/02/2018 | 18:22

Hi @hadenbills97 of course all giffgaff uses will benefit but I don't think giffgaff could afford to do that seeing as they charge £20 for 9+GB with throttling. They would go quickly bust if they took up your suggestion.

How much would you be willing to pay for truly unlimited, non throttled data? PS £20 is not an option!

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 5 of 27
by: kate1028
on: 06/02/2018 | 18:26

I'm sure lots of customers would love it and benefit from it.   But not ALL.   I never use data - it's permanently switched off as I use broadband/wi-fi all the time, even when out and about.  There's plenty of it around - it costs nothing, and I don't think I'm the only one !

Message 6 of 27
by: mcilwraith
on: 06/02/2018 | 18:33

hadenbills97 wrote:

its not going to happen

the fair use policy will always be in place

Message 7 of 27
by: k89bpa
on: 06/02/2018 | 18:38 edited: 06/02/2018 | 18:39
I've just checked my usage, which is all mobile data, after a month in which I've really gone for it with Netflix and others, including streaming 720p video for two hours a time, and with 6 days, (25 days), until my refresh date I'm at 75.5GB used across both of my accounts.

The need for unlimited data is vastly overestimated.

I think an allowance of 100GB would cover the vast majority of people for their usage. Certainly 150GB would.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 8 of 27
by: isabel1066
on: 06/02/2018 | 18:47
@k89bpa what would you use say for 1 hours worth of data watching bbc1 iplayer that's if you ever do this, please.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 27
by: tazzy19
on: 06/02/2018 | 19:00

hadenbills97 wrote:

@hadenbills97

Perhaps you should ask all the other networks for the above, let us know how you get on.

Message 10 of 27